Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Nugget form ESPN & Football Outsiders

Gibbsisgod2006

I have seen this posted yet.

In the red zone, the Patriots have the league's best DVOA when passing the ball but are just 27th when running. On defense, the Patriots have a similar split: sixth against the pass in the red zone, but 30th against the run.

New England might force Washington to punt a lot, but the Redskins have a field position advantage in that part of the game. The Pats rank 30th in punt return value, while the Redskins are third in net punting.

Washington is the only NFL team Tom Brady has never beaten as a starter (other than New England, of course).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3078947

:fingersx:

I have seen this posted yet.

In the red zone, the Patriots have the league's best DVOA when passing the ball but are just 27th when running. On defense, the Patriots have a similar split: sixth against the pass in the red zone, but 30th against the run.

New England might force Washington to punt a lot, but the Redskins have a field position advantage in that part of the game. The Pats rank 30th in punt return value, while the Redskins are third in net punting.

Washington is the only NFL team Tom Brady has never beaten as a starter (other than New England, of course).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3078947

:fingersx:

What do you want to do when you're facing an opponent with an explosive offense?

Run the ball.... eat the clock... keep their offense off the field.

Those people that think Joe Gibbs is going to open things up.... and get into a shooting match with the Patriots are kidding themselves.

What do you want to do when you're facing an opponent with an explosive offense?

Those people that think Joe Gibbs is going to open things up.... and get into a shooting match with the Patriots are kidding themselves.

open the offense as it taking more deep shots, running out of passing formations.. Thats the joe gibbs i want to see

open the offense as it taking more deep shots, running out of passing formations.. Thats the joe gibbs i want to see

I have no fears about our defense or special teams, I just hope everyone on offense shows up to play and follows through. All my friends think I'm crazy for telling them we have shot, I guess we'll find out!

I think our offense will get it going...I think Portis will have his best game this Sunday...seriously.

I have no fears about our defense or special teams, I just hope everyone on offense shows up to play and follows through. All my friends think I'm crazy for telling them we have shot, I guess we'll find out!

I think our offense will get it going...I think Portis will have his best game this Sunday...seriously.

I hope you're right, it's such a pain to see all the potential on this team to go to waste every week. There's no reason we can't be dominating people the same way some other teams do. I won't say which.

I hope you're right, it's such a pain to see all the potential on this team to go to waste every week. There's no reason we can't be dominating people the same way some other teams do. I won't say which.

Special teams will definitely play a major part in our success on Sunday. Let's hope Frost's noodle leg kicks the ball down field.

Why all the hate on Frost all the sudden? He had like one shanked punt. He's been solid all-around, people are way to quick to turn their backs here...

Archived