Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good luck... but

Pats2007

You guys have a pretty good team here. Good D and an O that's on its way and can only get better.

I've been reading your board here (nice layout by the way), and I wanted to enlighten you on a few things.

1. Belichick does not overlook ANY team (including the Dolphins). Trust me on this, he's taking you all just as serious as he is the Dolts we have to face in a couple of weeks. NE does not look ahead to future games - this is one of the cornerstones to our overall success.

2. The guys' egos do not get inflated. BB (Bill Belichick) makes sure of this. Know what he said about Brady's 6 TD performance during the Miami game? He said it was "pretty good." Not spectacular, not amazing... just "pretty good." There are no big heads in NE. There are no self-appointed superstars in NE. They function completely as a team always. Just as an example... while that pinhead up in Indianapolis is off making cell phone commercials and eating up the limelight, Brady makes sure that when he does a commercial, his O line gets a piece of the action.

3. This is the most solidified I've ever seen this team [the Pats] and I've been a fan for about 18 years now.

A lot of folks are talking down the NE D, saying it's overrated, whatever... it's ranked THIRD in the NFL - check out the stats - we've allowed just over 100 yards rushing per game, and held the oppositions air game to just under 300 yards. Yes, there are some missed tackles here and there, but by and large the D does a good job of keeping the other team's O off the field. We've averaged over 38 minutes of O per game - that says something about the D.

Yes, right now the Patriots on a rampage. A lot of teams out there have done nothing but insult and criticize us for the whole “videogate” incident. EVEN after Bill Parcells (sp) himself came out and openly said, “hey everyone does it, they just got caught.” Ok, fine. We paid the price. We took the punishment and are no longer doing it... and we're still catching flack. So now it's payback time. NE doesn't talk smack, they don't put down other teams in front of the cameras, they just go out on the field and destroy you. Ask the Cowgirls how the “popcorn” tasted.

I don't know if [they] have an axe to grind with you guys. I never head anything ill coming from your coach or team. However, this is the NFL, this is professional football, all the people crying and whining about us “running up the score” need to grow thicker skin. There's not a single team out there that hasn't won by HUGE margins – yet we're the only ones being raked over hot coals for doing what teams are SUPPOSED to do?

Ok, enough of that. Here's a little insider scoop (from a Pats fan) about the game coming up.

Yes, a lot of you are right – this IS going to be a good test for us. Washington will be the second team of any real quality we've faced this year. BUT, please keep in mind the weaponry at Brady's disposal. You WILL have to double cover Moss. Nickel, Dime, whatever you run you're going to have to double team him or you're going to get owned. Say you manage to shut Moss down... what are you going to do about Welker? Stallworth? Gaffney? If you want to rush and jam 8 men in the box to pressure Brady or stop the run – he's going to shred your secondary. Double cover and play pass protect and Maroney, Morris and Faulk will eat up huge chunks of real estate.

You're going to have your hands full, no doubt.

As for our D, like I said, ranked 3rd in the NFL. You're not going to be able to pass all over us, or run the ball much. Especially if Seymour is back for the game.

There's not a lot of ill feelings toward you all. We hope it's a good game and we both walk away from this a little better.

Not sure what your schedule is, but I hope you beat the hell out of the Cowpatties... do us a favor and take some popcorn!

Good luck you all... I think it's going to be a good game.

You guys have a pretty good team here. Good D and an O that's on its way and can only get better.

I've been reading your board here (nice layout by the way), and I wanted to enlighten you on a few things.

1. Belichick does not overlook ANY team (including the Dolphins). Trust me on this, he's taking you all just as serious as he is the Dolts we have to face in a couple of weeks. NE does not look ahead to future games - this is one of the cornerstones to our overall success.

2. The guys' egos do not get inflated. BB (Bill Belichick) makes sure of this. Know what he said about Brady's 6 TD performance during the Miami game? He said it was "pretty good." Not spectacular, not amazing... just "pretty good." There are no big heads in NE. There are no self-appointed superstars in NE. They function completely as a team always. Just as an example... while that pinhead up in Indianapolis is off making cell phone commercials and eating up the limelight, Brady makes sure that when he does a commercial, his O line gets a piece of the action.

3. This is the most solidified I've ever seen this team [the Pats] and I've been a fan for about 18 years now.

A lot of folks are talking down the NE D, saying it's overrated, whatever... it's ranked THIRD in the NFL - check out the stats - we've allowed just over 100 yards rushing per game, and held the oppositions air game to just under 300 yards. Yes, there are some missed tackles here and there, but by and large the D does a good job of keeping the other team's O off the field. We've averaged over 38 minutes of O per game - that says something about the D.

Yes, right now the Patriots on a rampage. A lot of teams out there have done nothing but insult and criticize us for the whole “videogate” incident. EVEN after Bill Parcells (sp) himself came out and openly said, “hey everyone does it, they just got caught.” Ok, fine. We paid the price. We took the punishment and are no longer doing it... and we're still catching flack. So now it's payback time. NE doesn't talk smack, they don't put down other teams in front of the cameras, they just go out on the field and destroy you. Ask the Cowgirls how the “popcorn” tasted.

I don't know if [they] have an axe to grind with you guys. I never head anything ill coming from your coach or team. However, this is the NFL, this is professional football, all the people crying and whining about us “running up the score” need to grow thicker skin. There's not a single team out there that hasn't won by HUGE margins – yet we're the only ones being raked over hot coals for doing what teams are SUPPOSED to do?

Ok, enough of that. Here's a little insider scoop (from a Pats fan) about the game coming up.

Yes, a lot of you are right – this IS going to be a good test for us. Washington will be the second team of any real quality we've faced this year. BUT, please keep in mind the weaponry at Brady's disposal. You WILL have to double cover Moss. Nickel, Dime, whatever you run you're going to have to double team him or you're going to get owned. Say you manage to shut Moss down... what are you going to do about Welker? Stallworth? Gaffney? If you want to rush and jam 8 men in the box to pressure Brady or stop the run – he's going to shred your secondary. Double cover and play pass protect and Maroney, Morris and Faulk will eat up huge chunks of real estate.

You're going to have your hands full, no doubt.

As for our D, like I said, ranked 3rd in the NFL. You're not going to be able to pass all over us, or run the ball much. Especially if Seymour is back for the game.

There's not a lot of ill feelings toward you all. We hope it's a good game and we both walk away from this a little better.

Not sure what your schedule is, but I hope you beat the hell out of the Cowpatties... do us a favor and take some popcorn!

Good luck you all... I think it's going to be a good game.

I think we are going to give the pats everthing they can handle.

I love Joe Gibbs in these types of games. 16 point underdogs? I'm sorry, I know that pats are good, but I think thats way to High.

I'm not a homer. But I think we are a better team than what some people(including people here on ES) think.

We will see.

I think we are going to give the pats everthing they can handle.

I love Joe Gibbs in these types of games. 16 point underdogs? I'm sorry, I know that pats are good, but I think thats way to High.

I'm not a homer. But I think we are a better team than what some people(including people here on ES) think.

We will see.

All I can say is yes the Pats have been a "wow" team. But keep in mind how dangerous it is to have so much tied to one player. Have you ever seen how hard Sean T. or LF or LL can hit someone? I'm telling you if you let ST lay the wood Tommy boy will be watching the Colts game from INOVA hospital.

Let the best team win!

All I can say is yes the Pats have been a "wow" team. But keep in mind how dangerous it is to have so much tied to one player. Have you ever seen how hard Sean T. or LF or LL can hit someone? I'm telling you if you let ST lay the wood Tommy boy will be watching the Colts game from INOVA hospital.

Let the best team win!

That's my point. Randy isn't *THE* weapon... he's just ONE of many. NE does a very good job of making sure that its not dependent on just one player. The only exception is Brady. But, our backups aren't “terrible” at all.

The presence of Randy is enough to give most D's nightmares, but he's not the only receiver who can make huge plays and or score.

That's my point. Randy isn't *THE* weapon... he's just ONE of many. NE does a very good job of making sure that its not dependent on just one player. The only exception is Brady. But, our backups aren't “terrible” at all.

The presence of Randy is enough to give most D's nightmares, but he's not the only receiver who can make huge plays and or score.

http://www.allthingsbillbelichick.com/hcseasons.htm

BB's record vs the 'Skins as a head coach:

Oct 13, 1991 LOST 42-17

Sept 28, 2003 LOST 20-17

Granted, it's only two games but, old "BB" has yet to beat the Redskins as a head coach.

You guys have a great team and you look unstoppable. But you're not and you know it.

The Redskins tend to play up to the competition and they may just surprise you on Sunday.

That said I hope that it is a good clean game. And if I know anything about the 'Skins, we will definitely be in it.

http://www.allthingsbillbelichick.com/hcseasons.htm

BB's record vs the 'Skins as a head coach:

Oct 13, 1991 LOST 42-17

Sept 28, 2003 LOST 20-17

Granted, it's only two games but, old "BB" has yet to beat the Redskins as a head coach.

You guys have a great team and you look unstoppable. But you're not and you know it.

The Redskins tend to play up to the competition and they may just surprise you on Sunday.

That said I hope that it is a good clean game. And if I know anything about the 'Skins, we will definitely be in it.

Good post...the Patriot fans deserve their reputation of being knowledgeable.

I think the Skins will play the Patriots tough, for three quarters or so.

Not shut them down, but hold them down more than previous teams....maybe keep them to scoring around 17 points or so....but, our offense will be very boring and very inefficient...we will have scored 13 points or so.

Then, the Pats will have a big play, and then another, we will mess up, our defense will be worn down...and we will end up losing by about what the point spread is.

I also look to the Patriots to use more running this game, than previous games...especially in the beginning....and the Skins to try and open it up down the field, and maybe some trick plays....like a Portis or Randle El pass....which, I doubt any of which will be successful, considering how well the Pats are coached, and how confident they are in their system, not giving up on their personal assignments.

Just my thoughts....no ill will towards the Pats, but I would love to beat 'em.

Good post...the Patriot fans deserve their reputation of being knowledgeable.

I think the Skins will play the Patriots tough, for three quarters or so.

Not shut them down, but hold them down more than previous teams....maybe keep them to scoring around 17 points or so....but, our offense will be very boring and very inefficient...we will have scored 13 points or so.

Then, the Pats will have a big play, and then another, we will mess up, our defense will be worn down...and we will end up losing by about what the point spread is.

I also look to the Patriots to use more running this game, than previous games...especially in the beginning....and the Skins to try and open it up down the field, and maybe some trick plays....like a Portis or Randle El pass....which, I doubt any of which will be successful, considering how well the Pats are coached, and how confident they are in their system, not giving up on their personal assignments.

Just my thoughts....no ill will towards the Pats, but I would love to beat 'em.

I watched a bit of the game agianst the pats and phins and I saw that when the back-up was put in the pats had problems. The pats gave up a lot of points to miami probably the worst team in the NFL. I think Gregg W. needs to try and knock-out brady instead of playing zone. I know the skins have a better offense then the phins If the skins can get 28 we'll steal the game. Yeah Moss will probably get in for a TD but I'm the pat won't score more then 20.

I watched a bit of the game agianst the pats and phins and I saw that when the back-up was put in the pats had problems. The pats gave up a lot of points to miami probably the worst team in the NFL. I think Gregg W. needs to try and knock-out brady instead of playing zone. I know the skins have a better offense then the phins If the skins can get 28 we'll steal the game. Yeah Moss will probably get in for a TD but I'm the pat won't score more then 20.

Let me ask you this, Mr. Pats fan: Has ANYONE of those fragile twig receivers on the Pats been hit by someone by the likes of Sean Taylor, Laron Landry, et al? Do you know what happened the last time Randy Moss faced Sean Taylor? (I'll give you a hint: it starts with "walked off the field early" and ends with "crying in pain")

Let me ask you this, Mr. Pats fan: Has ANYONE of those fragile twig receivers on the Pats been hit by someone by the likes of Sean Taylor, Laron Landry, et al? Do you know what happened the last time Randy Moss faced Sean Taylor? (I'll give you a hint: it starts with "walked off the field early" and ends with "crying in pain")

I remeber that. It was really funny.

I remeber that. It was really funny.

Good post. Thanks for your input. It's nice that a fan from another team can come here can be somewhat modest when your team is tearing through the league.

You may see tons of threads with people trying to humanize the Pats by saying that they aren't that good for whatever reason. Let me assure you that is designed to make everyone feel a little better. BUT, if anyone is aware of how good the Pats are, it'll be Gibbs. He will demand excellence. Gibbs doesn't have to do much to build up the team that we're playing this week.

Check out some clips of the press conferences. If you see a man who seems to have missed his afternoon nap, that's a very good sign. Gibbs should be dialed in this week and when that happens the team seems to respond pretty well.

Moss is a freak, but Sean Taylor has battled him before. Looking at height, speed, and athletic ability, ST would be the one safety to match up on Moss. I'm honestly more worried about Stallworth and Welker in the open field.

I'll sure Bill will look closely at how we played the Lions. We played nickel for almost the entire game and dared the lions to run on us. We have a pretty good run defense and, say what you will about Maroney, Faulk and Morris, we'd rather take our chances with them than Moss, Stallworth, and Welker.

We're going to have to play a complete game and see if we can pull it out at the end. I can't talk much about our offense against your D as we aren't really giving ourselves a chance to succeed.

I liken this game to when we last played the Colts in Indy. We kept it close in the first half, we had a decent shot to win. Then in the second half the wheels came off the wagon and Peyton had his way with us. There will be a play in the 3rd quarter which will determine how the game goes. If it doesn't go our way, it could start falling apart fast. If it does go our way, strap on your helmet.

It's remarkable what you guys are doing this year. No one expects us to keep it close. There's no pressure on us. This is our mini-Superbowl. Our team needs to believe in itself and come together. It's a good opportunity to do just that this weekend.

Good luck as far as injuries go, and I hope you guys handle the Giants and Eagles later in the year.

Good post. Thanks for your input. It's nice that a fan from another team can come here can be somewhat modest when your team is tearing through the league.

You may see tons of threads with people trying to humanize the Pats by saying that they aren't that good for whatever reason. Let me assure you that is designed to make everyone feel a little better. BUT, if anyone is aware of how good the Pats are, it'll be Gibbs. He will demand excellence. Gibbs doesn't have to do much to build up the team that we're playing this week.

Check out some clips of the press conferences. If you see a man who seems to have missed his afternoon nap, that's a very good sign. Gibbs should be dialed in this week and when that happens the team seems to respond pretty well.

Moss is a freak, but Sean Taylor has battled him before. Looking at height, speed, and athletic ability, ST would be the one safety to match up on Moss. I'm honestly more worried about Stallworth and Welker in the open field.

I'll sure Bill will look closely at how we played the Lions. We played nickel for almost the entire game and dared the lions to run on us. We have a pretty good run defense and, say what you will about Maroney, Faulk and Morris, we'd rather take our chances with them than Moss, Stallworth, and Welker.

We're going to have to play a complete game and see if we can pull it out at the end. I can't talk much about our offense against your D as we aren't really giving ourselves a chance to succeed.

I liken this game to when we last played the Colts in Indy. We kept it close in the first half, we had a decent shot to win. Then in the second half the wheels came off the wagon and Peyton had his way with us. There will be a play in the 3rd quarter which will determine how the game goes. If it doesn't go our way, it could start falling apart fast. If it does go our way, strap on your helmet.

It's remarkable what you guys are doing this year. No one expects us to keep it close. There's no pressure on us. This is our mini-Superbowl. Our team needs to believe in itself and come together. It's a good opportunity to do just that this weekend.

Good luck as far as injuries go, and I hope you guys handle the Giants and Eagles later in the year.

OUR point is that Brady is THE weapon, not Moss. Can Brady take a pounding? I'm sure we're gonna find out this weekend.

Archived