Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Redskins re-sign lemar marshall?

Taylor is the most versatile by far, not Marshall. But I agree I'm happy with our depth at LB this season, and would like to keep him.

i dont know about that

marshall calls the plays, can blitz, cover, stop the run.

His strength certainly is his versatility. It most likely depends on what he plans on being paid. It is the end of his 3 year contract, and his contract is fairly cheap.

In the end I beleive we will sign him for fairly cheep... keeping a versatile veteran backup on the roster for the new few years.

Taylor has the quickness to play every spot in the secondary, the size and strength to play WLB, there was mention of putting him in on some offensive sets but never happened because of the risk of injury. I'd say that is pretty versatile.

The fact that we could've had Briggs and the 31st for the price of Lemar and the 6th tells me that they want him here for at least one more year.

The fact that we brought in Fletcher, will likely start Rocky, and drafted two decent linebackers in the draft tells me that if we do re-sign him at the end of the year, his future would likely be in a backup or situational role. I have a feeling that the health of Marcus Washington could be a huge concern that our front office is keeping very quiet, and that itself will also play a very big role in Lemar's fate.

Taylor has the quickness to play every spot in the secondary, the size and strength to play WLB, there was mention of putting him in on some offensive sets but never happened because of the risk of injury. I'd say that is pretty versatile.

They both are versatile, but I'd still give the nod to Marshall because he's already done it, as where Taylor just has the potential to do it.

Marshall is definately worth resiginng considering his experience in this system ... he relies on his smarts. He has performed well, obvioulsy last year was not very good for any defensive player. It's not always easy just throwing someone in ther who may be physically more gifted, than someone who knows what is going on with the defensive packages. Of course he is not going to get a huge contract, but I think we need to make every effort to keep our vetran players for depth as well.

he probably has the frame to bulk up and play MLB or SLB

The fact that we could've had Briggs and the 31st for the price of Lemar and the 6th tells me that they want him here for at least one more year.

The fact that we brought in Fletcher, will likely start Rocky, and drafted two decent linebackers in the draft tells me that if we do re-sign him at the end of the year, his future would likely be in a backup or situational role. I have a feeling that the health of Marcus Washington could be a huge concern that our front office is keeping very quiet, and that itself will also play a very big role in Lemar's fate.

Good points...

I thought that deal was our 6th and Rocky, not Marshall.

hes bigger

hes faster

he hits harder

hes better in coverage

hes better against the run

You'll have to explain how hitting harder or being bigger makes you more versatile...

what other criteria are you looking for? marshall was an undrafted free agent, taylor was considered the best saftey ever coming out of college. why were even comparing these two is just beyond silly.

You've completely gone off topic for whatever reason lol...I'll leave you out there to continue debating yourself.

Archived