Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean taylor, what happens if...............

cmorina69

Free Agency would be your best bet. And yes, you can replace Sean Taylor. You might not get the mean thug that you have in ST, but you can get a good cover safety in Chris Hope FS of the Steelers.

P.S. sorry about the mean thug thing, I'm just angry over the Terry Glenn/Crayton thing...

He probably won't see actual jail time b/c it's his first offense, and he probably donates to charities w/ looks good (outstanding member of the communtiy). If his lawyers are good he should be fine. If somehow ST got jail time, I doubt it would be more than a couple months. I am sure Prieloau (I had to have spelled that wrong) can fill the role for a little while, even the whole season if he has to. He's not the force ST is, but I tthink he could do good.

Problem is Florida has a mandatory 10-20-LIFE for felony offenses that involve firearms (first offense or not), so if convicted he has to get a minimum of 3 years. That was actually offered to him in plea bargain but was turned down. Don't forget that there are 3 counts, so if he loses on all three counts, multiply by 3. The trial got delayed until April 10, so it'll be interesting if it finishes up in time for training camp in July/August. I don't know if they've even done jury selection. Hopefully no one around here whines about the trial lasting too long since the delays were what kept him on the team during the playoffs.

He probably won't see actual jail time b/c it's his first offense, and he probably donates to charities w/ looks good (outstanding member of the communtiy). If his lawyers are good he should be fine. If somehow ST got jail time, I doubt it would be more than a couple months. I am sure Prieloau (I had to have spelled that wrong) can fill the role for a little while, even the whole season if he has to. He's not the force ST is, but I tthink he could do good.

what happens to the skins if ST ends up going to jail, he is a big part of are D , should we use FA or the draft to get a replacement just in case( like u can relly replace st)

The problem is that you can't get another Sean Taylor no matter what you do. You would just have to accept that something precious is gone and it isn't coming back.

Then you get back to work. Safeties are one of the easiest positions to replace in free agency. The Redskins should be able to get a satisfactory FS and actually Pierson Prioleau might be a good choice. You don't want to spend big money on the position because it's better to have journeyman safties and excellent defensive linemen than the other way round.

Right now Prioleau is apparently the only other experienced safety under contract. This on a team that carried only four cornerbacks last season and often used safeties as extra DBs in passing situations. Expect that we will sign some safeties because we don't really have a choice in the matter regardless of Sean Taylor.

Than we lose the best player on our D. .

I’m sure that Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs and Cornelius Griffin would disagree with your assessment.

In any case, theres a reason why the FO is very interested in the safety position in both FA and the draft this year...

Archived