Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Salary Cap Hell in 2007

skinfan2k

me and my friend who believes he is very knowledgeable in the sport of football says that the redskins are in slight trouble in 07 with many players salaries increase in big amounts next year. is there a webpage that lists the salaries. Honestly is this all true or the crap we all haev been hearing for years.

me and my friend who believes he is very knowledgeable in the sport of football says that the redskins are in slight trouble in 07 with many players salaries increase in big amounts next year. is there a webpage that lists the salaries. Honestly is this all true or the crap we all haev been hearing for years.

You and ur friend dont know Dan Snyder.

i know that the salaries do escalate next year, i remember seeing a wkst a few weeks ago. hwoever i do not agree with this statement.. My friend whos loves football and is not bias against the skins(ravens fan) says that we might be trouble according to the wkset. however i told him we have synder and he has figured how to slove cap problems which we will never have.

So your friend has a new copy of the freshly signed CBA? Impressive.

I was not talking about the new CBA, i remember there was a wkst on scout.com and a simliar website that showed me this.

Please tell me you posted this as a joke. As long as Dan Snyder has a breath left in his body we will never reach cap hell.

no this was not a joke. im dead serious. i love the skins and i know synder knows what he is doing.

i know that the salaries do escalate next year, i remember seeing a wkst a few weeks ago. hwoever i do not agree with this statement.. My friend whos loves football and is not bias against the skins(ravens fan) says that we might be trouble according to the wkset. however i told him we have synder and he has figured how to slove cap problems which we will never have.

They just signed the deal. No one knows what provisions are in it yet. He would have no way of knowing what our cap situation is for next year. We don't even know what it is for this year yet because things have been so fluid.

Your friend is as dumb as a brick.

I'm sorry.

I apologize to the brick.

i dont care about the comments u made about my friend. who cares.. now he argues we will regress under campbell's development.. my comeback.. gibbs can transform qbs and this system does not rely on the qb heavily. he was like oh really bs. LOL. i was like try to win with kyle boller

If this is how good cap hell feels, I hope we burn here forever. I have been hearing this for years now, but Snyder is very smart, and will always get us through it. Let's give a toast to cap hell :cheers:

SkinFan2k,

Unless there is some new language in the CBA extension your friend is just blowing smoke up your and perhaps his own skirt.Your friend may be correct that some large contract numbers may be apon the horizon but that doesnt necessarily mean anything. If the basic rules of the game remain the same what will occur is that those contracts will get restructured like many more before them thus turning large single season cap crunching salaries into pretty managable bonuses. Only two possible hurdles here. The aformentioned new regulations concerning cap managment in the extension and/or intransigent players.So I wouldnt lose too much sleep were I you.

BAD JOKE!!!!

You are just like the media that has been saying for 6 years, that 2 years down the road Redskins were going into cap hell. Please don't post this moronic crap. BTW, the cap goes up another 7M in 2007 to 109 Mil. Even without that there would be no problem, dude. The Redskins' F.O. knows what they are doing. Your friend and the media don't have a clue.

Consider this if you think we are going to have cap troubles in 2007...

Barrows and Mortons deadcap come off saving 2.7 million. Arringtons entire cap hit comes off, saving... around 8 mill? Yes salaries will go up, but we will also save a bunch of money.

This post from Ratboy at CPND

Always need a link

Please note, this is our cap situation in 2007 as of TODAY.

As of TODAY, we have 51 players set to count 94.386 million. The cap is projected to be 107 million in 2007. So that leaves us with just over 12 million in space.

Things that will make that 94.386 number go up THIS year:

*Prorating these bonuses to spread the hits that everyone keeps talking about.

*Cutting anyone AFTER June 1st this year.

*All palyers signed from today moving forward.

But I still don't see where we are in dire straights for 2007 either.

And, the above figure does not include the following KEY players, who will become FA's before then:

Ethan Albright

Ladell Betts

That's right, only two of our key players are not included in that figure. And with the re-signing of Rock, I am not sure Betts should even be included as a "key" player since I have no idea if they plan to try and keep him or let him go try to find a starting gig.

Where can we save money for next year?

*Brunell needs to go after this season, or take a pay cut assuming his restructure for this year doesn't happen now. He is set to count 6.633 million against the 2007 cap.

*Jon Jansen is set to count 5.853 against the cap in 07, and it will be his next to last year on his current deal. If they want to keep him, maybe a restructure with an extension built in is in order to both extend his contract and lower the early hits.

*Renaldo Wynn would be in the last year of his contract next year and set to count 4.028 million. Perhaps they extend him as well, or cut him before then.

At any rate, this post is in direct response to some who seemed to already be fretting about 2007 in March of 2006.

Archived