Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sirius Radio Questions

R33T

Hello, I know these may be stupid questions, but I haven't been able to figure it out and haven't had a chance to run over to Best Buy yet.

I am thinking about purchasing a Sirius receiver so that I can listen to the Redskins games while I am on travel...

Do these receivers work "on the go" as opposed to plugged into a car or home unit, i.e is the receiver portable with a headphone jack?

Also, do these work in airplanes? I mean they are "sattelite" so I see no reason why they shouldnt. Thanks in advance.

GO SKINS.

These type of units are just coming out for Sirius, so it likely wont be known whether you could use it on a plane.

But here is a pic :

h607S50-f_mt-1.jpeg

Here are some of the features :

» SIRIUS satellite radio/MP3 player with portable and car accessories

» stores up to 50 hours of SIRIUS programming, or a combination of SIRIUS content and MP3/WMA music files

» pause, rewind, and fast-forward of live SIRIUS content

» portable playback of MP3s, WMAs, and stored SIRIUS content

» three personalized My SIRIUS channels feature content automatically captured from your favorite SIRIUS channels

» full-color screen shows channel name and number, artist, song title, and MP3/WMA file names

» rechargeable battery with up to six hours of life

» belt clip

» earphones

» car cradle and mount (live SIRIUS broadcasts only available when S50 is docked in the cradle)

» Media Dial

» Voice-assisted navigation announces SIRIUS channel names

» indoor AC power adapter

» car DC power adapter

» car antenna

» wireless remote

» built-in wireless FM transmitter "broadcasts" the sound over any FM stereo

» 30 channel presets

» Jump button takes you to a programmed SIRIUS channel, no matter what you're listening to

» Game Alert tells you when your favorite team is about to play

» scrolling sports-scores ticker

Here is a link to where to buy :

Crutchfield

Thanks for the info, but wow...from what I can tell you can't buy Sirrius and walk around outside listening to Sattelite radio? Is it true that you cant listen to live streams (i.e. Skins games) while the receiver is not in a cradle with any of the receivers????

Thanks for the info, but wow...from what I can tell you can't buy Sirrius and walk around outside listening to Sattelite radio? Is it true that you cant listen to live streams (i.e. Skins games) while the receiver is not in a cradle with any of the receivers????

See post directly above yours

Not with Sirius yet.

However Pioneer makes the one for XM which is a receiver with a built in antenna. So it will likely be a matter of time before they make one for Sirius. However not in time for Xmas or likely not until next summer.

Thing with XM is you dont get as much sports programming.

So...is there anyway to get the Redskins games if you travel a lot? I will bring my laptop and try to get online and listen to an online broadcast, I think WJFK has it online, but I was really hoping that I could take Sirrius with me anywhere and listen to the Skins game. No NFL coverage on XM right?

Archived