Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome Back Lavar!

Lavarleap56

I wanted to take the time to express how excited i am that Lavar is back and ready to go . Last year our defense was great and i enjoyed watching it perform more than the offense but the absence of Lavar just didnt feel right to me. As the season wore on and Lavars return kept getting pushed back and our defense doing so well with the likes of Griffin, Washington, Springs, and Taylor a little bit of doubt began to creep in my as well as redskins nations mind as to do we really need Lavar on this defense?

It appeared at one point and time we as fans were divided as to what Lavars future will be with the organization, some fans even went so far as to say we should cut or trade him. I couldnt believe what i was hearing or reading in regardes to Lavar over the past year and a half, all i could due was sit back and take everyones opinion in and re-watch game film from Lavars rookie season so that i could figure this whole mess out.

Since Lavar was the Skins pick in the 2000 draft he was a fan favorite. When Arrington arrived at Fed- Ex field via Helicopter and made his way to the club level deck the fans were extatic to finally have our next Wilbur Marshall or better yet the next L.T. As we cheered and listened to Lavar answering questions from Sam Huff he bacame more of a favorite by simply answering one question right. Sam " What are you gonna do about these Cowboys" and Lavars response was " All i can tell you is ( slaping his hands together to symbolize a big hit) #8 is gonna feel it". Who knew that Lavar would actually make due on that statement during the 2000 season.

Lavar since his rookie year became the face of the franchise and the soul of our Washington Redskins through coaching changes year in and year out. The overhaul of defensive schemes has stunted Lavars growth as a player and it didnt help that he was playing Strong Side Linebacker instead of the Weak side which is were he became the next L.T.

Lavar tried to carry the teams of 2001, 2002, and 2003 on his back single handedly and as a result overcompensated for lack of talent around him by freelancing. Lavar simply didnt trust the players around him to make the plays neccessary to win so he tried to make them all.

Lavar being hurt last season could be the best thing that ever happened to him. Lavar from a far has seen what this D is capable of and that he finally has trustworthly players around him that will make plays and now Lavar can focus on his duties and not worry about overcompensating for the other 10 players.After listening to Lavars comments today there is no doubt in my mind that the NFL Is in for a big surprise. Lavar is extremly motivated and focused to prove evryone wrong about him being washed up and a letdown, and dont forget he is in a system that is solid in philoshophy and will allow him to make plays.

Lavar is back it appears he understands that he has to play his position with excellence and according to the scheme and he is prepared to do so.

Welcome back Lavar i hope you have a great season and thrive with Gregg Williams.

i beleive whats happening to him is that, with all that he has been going through in the past year (injuries, litagation, negative press) has taken him back. I think he's come to realize that with out him the defense where #3 in the league and #1 in the NFC. Hopefully this has been a blessing in disguise and he can now tear up the league.

Well, Being a PSU fan and A Die Hard Skins fan, I'm just as happy Lavarleap. After listening to Greg Williams interview, I realized, this will be his best season. He knows that he is being watched and Washington and the others will push him to be the best he can be. With Greg Williams as his D Coordinator, it's going to be ugly for a lot of offenses. Hopefully #5 will feel the fury of # 56!!

Hail to the Redskins!

Welcome Back Lavar!!!!

Don't forget that you can check out the whole interview at redskins.com. To me, that is the most humble I've ever seen Lavar. He refused to make predictions,basically saying his on field action will speak for itself. I think we're in for a treat from #56 this year. :2cents:

Thanks for the thread. I needed to read something like that.

I didnt get the hear him but if he is acting numble, great.

I agree, watching a year was probably better for him for the very reason you mentioned. Had he been here during the transition it would have been harder to trust that everyone around him could pull thier own. Now he knows they can.

So yeah, if he just does his thing, he should shine and the whole team will dominate. If Roger's hits the ground running, and it looks like he will, I have a feeling after 3 games we wont even know hes a rookie. Just a gut feeling about the kid.

Hey, we could be the BEST D IN THE LEAGUE by adding an impact player like LaVar.

I really love how Lavar isn't saying stuff like,

"Yo man, Im ready to go out and just dominate EVERYONE, im a monster, ME ME ME im so great, everyone likes me Blah blah blah"

I REALLY respect him on how humble he has become. I was moved enough to put him in my sig. I really reccomend you watch his interview on Redskins.com TV.

~LoGiK

"Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out

Welcome back to that same old place that you laughed about

Well, the names have all changed since you hung around

But those dreams have remained and they've turned around

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (who'd have thought they'd lead ya)

Back here where we need ya (back here where we need ya)

Yeah, we tease him a lot 'cause we've got him on the spot

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back"

Archived