Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paul Woody: REDSKINS NOTES 8-3

bubba9497

REDSKINS NOTES

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD%2FMGArticle%2FRTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031784215059&path=%21sports%21redskins&s=1045855935462

ROGERS IN THE FOLD: Jason Campbell arrived yesterday, and Carlos Rogers was on the way.

Campbell, the second of the Redskins' two first-round draft choices, signed his contract, worth $7.5 million over five years, with $5.3 million in guaranteed money. If he hits all his incentives, Campbell stands to earn as much as $25 million.

Rogers also agreed to a five-year deal, with $11.23 million in guaranteed money. He can earn as much as $17.45 million over five years, if he reaches all his incentives.

"The first thing I'm going to do is take care of my parents because they did a good job of bringing me up," Campbell said. "They helped me get here."

Campbell got here just in time, as far as the veterans were concerned. Last night was rookie-performance night in the dining hall, and each rookie was required to sing, if not for his supper, at least for the veterans.

"I might run them out of the building with my singing," Campbell said.

Rogers, who suffered a sprained ankle during the team's minicamp in June, will begin his pro career by working with the trainers. It will be a while before he is on the practice field.

BUMPS AND BRUISES: Starting defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin sat out of practice yesterday with a shoulder strain. Cornerback Walt Harris began practice, felt cramping in his quadriceps and was given the rest of practice off.

Tight end/H-back Mike Sellers had cramping in his rib cage during practice, left the field on the back of a golf cart and received fluids in the training room.

Wide receiver Kevin Dyson was slowed by a sprained ankle, Linebacker Brian Allen suffered a mild sprain to his knee. Cornerback Antrell Hawkins strained a hamstring and could be out for a few days.

APPRECIATION STARTS EARLY: Friday is fan-appreciation day, and the parking areas around Redskin Park will open at 6 a.m. for the 8:30 a.m. practice. An autograph session will begin at the conclusion of practice, around 10:30 a.m. A performance by the Redskins' marching band also will take place after practice.

The autograph session ends at 11:15 a.m., and the entire event ends at 12:30 p.m.

On Saturday, the Redskins will scrimmage the Baltimore Ravens at the Ravens stadium in Baltimore. Paul Woody

Archived