Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good News / Bad News

fish

Well I was hoping have a happy healthy Army career without EVER having to serve in DC, but that is not going to happen. I'll be moving to the homeland this summer.

While the professional aspect of this move bums me out, it opens HUGE personal windows, not the least of which is being able to watch our beloved Skins live.

So I ask you guys, what's the best way to get ahold of season tix?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Originally posted by fish

Well I was hoping have a happy healthy Army career without EVER having to serve in DC, but that is not going to happen. I'll be moving to the homeland this summer.

While the professional aspect of this move bums me out, it opens HUGE personal windows, not the least of which is being able to watch our beloved Skins live.

So I ask you guys, what's the best way to get ahold of season tix?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

First off...thank you for your service to our Country! My son, Matt, is a soldier, (1st Sgt),currently stationed at Camp Zama, Japan. ('bout 45 minutes out of Tokyo). Where are you being stationed? Matt is and was stationed at Ft. McNair. If you have questions, about "soldiering" in the DC area, please shoot me a PM, and I'll give you Matt's e-mail address, I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions that you may have. That's funny you should mention not serving in DC...my Dad was in the Navy for 37 years, and said much the same thing, but he lucked out and never got stationed there.;) Thanks, again, for your service!:cheers:

When my dad was in the Navy, he was always trying to avoid going to DC. I think he wanted to avoid the politics and the BS that was associated with DC, as far as the military goes.

That's why he found it awfully ironic that after he retired, and got hired by American Airlines, that he ended up in this area anyways.

Jason

Originally posted by Parlett316

May I ask why serving in DC is going to be bad for you?

It's just the end of my "real" soldiering days that's all. Currently I'm in the 82nd Airborne and unless you go to the Ranger Regiment or Delta Force, it's all a step down from here.

On paper, career-wise, it's a good move, but coming off the line sucks. I feel like I'm getting benched.

Yet another reason why it sucks getting old.

Archived