Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who has the most fans in sports?

d151b

Nascar races happen almost every week, either Nascar, or some other racing event like the Indy 500. They have been going on since early march, and dont end til October I believe? That is almost 8 months long. Plus apparently those race tracks are the largest and are usually full. I've always heard Nascar was the most popular in the US. I guess some of those links say different though.

Originally posted by jrockster77

Question Mcboof: do you play or have you played golf? I do, quite frequently, and while you are right in that it isn't the most atheletically challenging sport, it does require strict form and repeitition, which isn't any different than say an NBA 3-point shot. When Tiger Woods takes 10 straight t-shots at a driving range, all 10 will go straight as an arrow and far as hell. When I take 10 shots at a driving range, 4 will slice right, 3 will hook left, at least one will get "topped", and hopefully 2 will go straight. Also, you have to have excellent control of your swing; hitting a chip from 10 yards is much different than chipping from 50 yards, but you use the same club for both (at least I do, I only have one wedge ;) ).

I understand your argument though, but I would put golf on a higher level than bowling or billiards.

Your saying John Daly could hit a 3?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Mr. S

Nascar races happen almost every week, either Nascar, or some other racing event like the Indy 500. They have been going on since early march, and dont end til October I believe? That is almost 8 months long. Plus apparently those race tracks are the largest and are usually full. I've always heard Nascar was the most popular in the US. I guess some of those links say different though.

Personally I cant watch Nascar, I would just assume paint my house then watch it dry.

Originally posted by Higgs44

Your saying John Daly could hit a 3?:rolleyes:

You ever seen Charles Barkley swing a golf club? :rolleyes:

Do a google for Barkley's Golf Swing. It is legendary.

We've already seen that Manute Bol can't play hockey or box! :laugh:

---

I think the original question has been answered, but I seem to remember hearing that Manchester United has the world's biggest fan base.

One thing that comes to mind was our Monday night football game a few years ago against Dallas. Both teams were 0-5 and had the two worste offenses in the league. Lots of excitement huh. well at the same time game 7 of the alcs was also on and NFL killed in ratings. Two 0-5 teams killed the ALCS!!

Archived