Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins have had the best offseason in 9 years.

Originally posted by RavensDefense3

You cant possibly go from a 6-10m team, and lose more players than you gain, thus losing more talent then you gained, and possibly hope to be much better. I am sticking with 8-8.

your kidding right? Snyder always forces the skins into big offseaosn moves and thats why the skins are sucking right now, too many veterans that are passed their prime and have big contracts.

Your first statement assumes that all players are of equal talent, which is simply not true. We lost Smoot - a good corner, but not an all-pro - and replaced him with Carlos Rogers, who has the potential to be a standout in the league. Pierce was replacable at best and a pure system player at worst. He wanted more money than he was worth, so we let him go. I don't know how many Redskins games you watched, but Lemar Marshall was as competent backing up Arrington as Pierce was for Barrow.

The fact that you believe we haven't brought in as much talent only proves my second point for me. Although you try to dispute it, we haven't made the big name acquistions our franchise has become known for in recent years. Last year we made some expensive decisions on aging free agents, as with Brunell and Barrow, but that's why I said this offseason we haven't been making those types of moves. We traded for Santana Moss, signed a center for a reasonable price in free agency, and are beginning to build a team for the future through the draft. This is far different from our previous pattern of throwing money at our problems to buy a win-it-all-at-once team.

If you believe we'll go 8-8, that's a perfectly legitimate opinion, but at least put some specific facts out here to support it. In this era of the NFL teams can and do make dramatic improvements over the course of one season. I would cite the Panthers, Chargers and Steelers as obvious examples, with a few other teams poised to possibly make that jump this year, including the Bengals, Texans, and hopefully, the Redskins.

If you believe we'll go 8-8, that's a perfectly legitimate opinion, but at least put some specific facts out here to support it

=======================================

I'm being extremely generous saying 8-8 and you know it. If i throw facts out there, i might have to change the record to 6-10 at the risk of looking like an insane Redskins fan.

BUT to say this guy is smoking something and then come up with statements like we have lost Smoot and Pierce and that is going to hurt us well buddy you are smoking something.

=================================

You cant possibly go from a 6-10m team, and lose more players than you gain, thus losing more talent then you gained, and possibly hope to be much better. I am sticking with 8-8.

we lost more players than we gained? What am I missing here?

Archived