Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy"

jaydean

just saw this movie with my boys, and we really really enjoyed it. it's not the kind of movie where you want to go back seven or eight times to see it, but it was a very entertaining movie. there was a few times we laughed our heads off in the theater. not a big star cast, but some very impressive moments in this movie. if you have kids, i highly recommend seeing this movie.

Good movie with some pretty funny moments. Given the narration-heavy nature of the original material, it's amazing that they were able to make the movie as well as they did.

I was never as enthralled by the books as some others seemed to be. They were okay -- entertaining, but not something to frequently revisit. I'd say the movie is roughly similar.

Originally posted by SkinsFTW

Isn't this a remake? I thought there was already a hitchhiker's move that I saw a long time ago.

Yes. See here.

I enjoyed it, but I thought it was lacking something. It did hold pretty true to the book which I thought was great, and I also really liked that the dialogue remained the same (for the most part.) I don't know that I would see it again in a hurry. But it was worth watching. The fusion of CGI animation and real actors was good. Like I said, I liked it--but it wasn't great.

Archived