Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Junkies on Camp and Sage

Luca Brasi

Originally posted by Skins57

I just can't see Woeful going to Dallas, he would be thier 3rd franchise QB and it would be too hard to decide which one to start

Last time I checked, BOTH the Cowboys and Redskins are HOPING to have a quality starting QB on the roster. Only time will tell.

I don't think it's out of the question to keep four QB's on this year's roster. It only takes the release, or loss, of one player from last year's roster to open up a spot for an extra QB. Take Michael Banks for instance, his only job on the team was to return kicks and an occasional punt return. He didn't play receiver, or running back, or any other position.... so... he effectively took up a roster spot

As for finding another safety, forget about it. We'll go into the season with Terrell, Shade, I.O., and Lott. I think Lewis likes what he has in the kids.

As for who may get cut, I'm not convinced that Matthews will make the club. S2 just wants someone to perform in his offense, and if Wueffrel (his project) and Sage (the suprising 2nd year guy) are getting it done, maybe Matthews gets cut.

No, we won't. I think Spurrier has made that pretty clear. We'll probably keep 6 WRs on the 53 man roster, but we can't by any means afford to keep 6 WRs and 4 QBs. That's just rediculous.

Spurrier said long ago that the three vets (Waffle, Sage, and Matthews) are competing for 2 spots. Spurrier likes to coach and develop his QB's, and I think he said working with 4 is too many. It's hard enough to keep 3 moving in practice, and that's why he was keeping Ramsey out of the drills.

Unless there is an injury to Matthews, or if Ramsey has to go on IR, there is no way we are keeping 4 QB's. Much hunch is, that SS would prefer to keep 7 WR's.

I truely wouln't be surprised if he kept 7 WR's ... but only if we picked up a veteran (Troy Edwards, A.Freeman, W.Jackson) to add to our current mix of J.Green, Gardner, C.Russell, and Lockett ... I can see Spurrier keeping two projects like McCants, Thompson, R. Anthony, Sckaggs ... but only if both of those clowns could play special teams.

And I don't think R.Anthony is a certainty to make the team, I keep hearing reports that he lost a step.

Archived