Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Jason Campbell Poll - No Opinion Required

Yomar

I saw him far too much last year. Whooping up on Tennesee, my roomates' favorite team and whooping up every other team my friends love- namely Ga, Bama, Citidel and Kentucky.

Thank gawd they didn't play the ****s because I would have had to loosen far too many nooses.

He's good, saw a impressive progression in skill as the year went on. No where near ready to start in the NFL. Too spindly, needs to bulk up.

I saw 2 Auburn games last year, the kid does look like a player. That said, i too think we gave up way too much for the pick to get him. But then again I'm still ticked about the Brunell deal.

And we still had other needs to address first.

Hail :logo:

If you watched him at all the season before last, you'd have seen a completely different player.

Horrible decisions at time, not patient in the pocket letting his recievers get open.

It's hard to argue that he's not a product of a great scheme...

The records don't mean that much Chubakah. If that were true than Jason White and countless players similar to him (Toretta, Rick Mirer, Dorsey) would all be superstars using that logic, you know?

But yes, he looked good on a GREAT team..

Originally posted by BG

If you watched him at all the season before last, you'd have seen a completely different player.

Horrible decisions at time, not patient in the pocket letting his recievers get open.

It's hard to argue that he's not a product of a great scheme...

The records don't mean that much Chubakah. If that were true than Jason White and countless players similar to him (Toretta, Rick Mirer, Dorsey) would all be superstars using that logic, you know?

But yes, he looked good on a GREAT team..

Thank You!

I'm rarely impressed by college quarterbacks. Tom Brady and Donovan McNabb were two exceptions. Jason Campbell is another. I would have loved to see Campbell play with the Gators. I think Campbell will have a more productive career than at least 1 of the 2 Auburn RB's drafted. I thought both RB's were a little overrated. Exactly how many Auburn QB's have been drafted high in recent years? I can't think of any. The Auburn passing system looks like Kindergarden compared to Spurrier's and others.

I think he can be a special player with Joe Gibbs.

Don't hold the 2003 season against Jason. He was stuck with an offensive coordinator that was in way over his head. If the entire stadium knew what play Auburn was about to run you would have to think the opposing defense did too! It didn't help that receivers couldn't catch a cold until the last 2 games of the year either.

If you look at Campbell's production under competent coordinators (2002-under Louisville's current Head Coach Bobby Petrino and 2004-under Al Borges), I feel those doubting his ability might be willing to hold back before expressing their opinion. Another thing to note is his career accuracy...his numbers were always above 60%.

He had a very low key demeanor when he's on the field. I think that drove alot of Auburn fans crazy. If you want to look for games where Campbell's talent and/or leadership took over check out the 2004 Music City Bowl game against Wisconsin, the 2004 LSU game, the 2004 Tennessee game in Knoxville as well as the 2004 SEC Championship game against UT, the 2004 game against Alabama, and the 2005 Sugar Bowl against Va Tech.

Even with our great RB tandem, Auburn would have lost each of those above games had it not been for Campbell taking the team on his back. Also note, those games aren't against the Weak Sisters of the Poor school but consistently strong college teams. And therein lies the difference between Campbell's college wins with Auburn and Ramsey's with Tulane.

Being and Auburn fan I too hated this years draft, only because we lost alot of great athletes to the NFL. But worse than that Auburn lost alot of great individuals. Luckily for Redskin's fans you get Campbell and Rogers, who rejoin their old teammate Marcus Washington. So there are several of us Tigers down South that are ready to join the Redskin's fan club!

Since my uncle has been a season ticket holder for 25+years, I have always been a partial skins fan anyway. Now I may have to find a way to get his tickets for a game this season!

Originally posted by BG

No, I don't know. The records may not mean much on a team like Tulane, but give me a break. Toretta, Rick Mirer, Dorsey.

:rolleyes:

As a lifetime Auburn University football fan, I can say that you guys probably got the best kept secret in the 2005 Draft.

In HIghschool: Jason was the second-rated quarterback and 11th best player in the nation. Named "Mississippi's Mr. Football". As a senior, passed for 2,884 yards (167-of-293) and 24 touchdowns and rushed for over 500 yards and six touchdowns. Was 174-of-291 for 2,719 yards and 33 touchdowns as a junior.

2000: He was redshirted.

2001: Played in 10 games, starting eight during the season. Finished second on the team with 1,117 passing yards and four touchdowns. Finished the season ranked third in the single-season records with .627 completion percentage.

2002: Currently ranked first in the Auburn records with a .629 percent career completion mark.

2003: Completed 61.8 percent of his passes (181-of-293) on the season. Ranked fifth in the career records with 364 completions and sixth with 4,599 yards. First in the career records with .623 completion percentage. Ranked fifth in the single-season records with 2,267 passing yards and fourth with 181 completions.

2004: Threw for 2700 Total Yards with 20 TDs and a 69.6 percent completion rate. Named SEC Offensive Player of the Year. Led the Auburn football team to a 13-0 season and an SEC Championship.

Of course this might sound a little bias but I think you guys may have gotten the best quarterback that this year's draft had to offer.

Originally posted by auburnfootballasylum

As a lifetime Auburn University football fan, I can say that you guys probably got the best kept secret in the 2005 Draft.

In HIghschool: Jason was the second-rated quarterback and 11th best player in the nation. Named "Mississippi's Mr. Football". As a senior, passed for 2,884 yards (167-of-293) and 24 touchdowns and rushed for over 500 yards and six touchdowns. Was 174-of-291 for 2,719 yards and 33 touchdowns as a junior.

2000: He was redshirted.

2001: Played in 10 games, starting eight during the season. Finished second on the team with 1,117 passing yards and four touchdowns. Finished the season ranked third in the single-season records with .627 completion percentage.

2002: Currently ranked first in the Auburn records with a .629 percent career completion mark.

2003: Completed 61.8 percent of his passes (181-of-293) on the season. Ranked fifth in the career records with 364 completions and sixth with 4,599 yards. First in the career records with .623 completion percentage. Ranked fifth in the single-season records with 2,267 passing yards and fourth with 181 completions.

2004: Threw for 2700 Total Yards with 20 TDs and a 69.6 percent completion rate. Named SEC Offensive Player of the Year. Led the Auburn football team to a 13-0 season and an SEC Championship.

Of course this might sound a little bias but I think you guys may have gotten the best quarterback that this year's draft had to offer.

Can you explain why some people think he just came around this last year, and didn't do so hot his first couple of years? I have heard conflicting stories. I'd like to hear what you think....

Ok Chewy...man you are so right....Jason is it...put him in there and we win.....

Man what is your point....some people think he will be great some don't .....so what...

He shouldn't and probably won't play this year. He is a great guy and I hope he has a great nfl carreer. but for the immediate future I hope Ramsey tears it up.

Can you explain why some people think he just came around this last year, and didn't do so hot his first couple of years? I have heard conflicting stories. I'd like to hear what you think....

Ok...this is what happened in 2003! We lost a great offensive coordinator to a Louisville head coaching assignment. Instead of going out and finding a top-notch replacement, Tuberville (auburn's head coach) decided to promote Hugh Nall (Offensive Line Coach) to the Offensive Coordinator position. Tuberville, being the defensive minded coach that he is, decided to place the entire offense into the hands of Coach Nall and Coach Ensminger (Quarter Back Coach). Needless to say, the entire offense crumbled into a predictable, no flash offense. It was so bad that you could tell which side the RB's were going to by the way the TE went in motion. The opposing defense's ate it alive. However, despite a pitiful excuse for a offensive plan, Campbell still had a pretty darn good year.

In comes 2004, Tuberville hires a great offensive coordinator. Places Nall and Ensminger back at their recent positions and the rest is how they say....History.

Originally posted by sweet daddy

Ok Chewy...man you are so right....Jason is it...put him in there and we win.....

Man what is your point....some people think he will be great some don't .....so what...

He shouldn't and probably won't play this year. He is a great guy and I hope he has a great nfl carreer. but for the immediate future I hope Ramsey tears it up.

Nice response. The problem I have with you, is you claim to be a season ticket holder, yet you give the impression that you are against Jason playing. I just find it strange that you being the Auburn fan could say such a thing. I have seen posts by Aubun fans here, and at the Auburn site, and YOU my friend, are the only person who has made statements the way you have.

I've never said Jason is the answer, but I damn sure hope that he wins the job. If you think for one minute that he won't have the chance to compete for the job at QB, your fooling yourself.

CHUBAKAH,

Like I told you before I am a season ticket holder at Auburn and fan.....I like JC....I love the fact He led AU to a 13-0 season...i'm still pissed we didn't get the championship...

But, I don't think he is the answere for the Redskins this year..maybe one day...but not this year and probably not the next. I do think PR is the answere. I have seen him make the throws and lead the team. I just think it is crap that about the time he is able to get comfortable with the starting role Gibbs brings in another QB....and he has to start looking over his shoulder again....and all we hear about is a QB controversy....

One day this board is praising PR....then right after the draft this board says forget PR, trade him because we got JC and JC is the next Marino and should start in his rookie year....talk about fickle fans...

And if your not saying he is the answere then why would you want him to start?

Originally posted by sweet daddy

CHUBAKAH,

And if your not saying he is the answere then why would you want him to start?

Because how could he possibly be any worse than what we have had to settle for? For me personally, I have already seen enough of what PR Can’t do. I said way before Brunel was ever benched, I didn’t feel Ramsey was the answer. Nothing has changed, I still feel the same way, and honestly, outside of this board, Most NFL fans will tell you, PR just isn’t that good. I feel it’s time to let someone new show us what they can do. I don’t mean anything personal by this to Pat, or anyone in his family. If I am in Dan Snyder, or Joe Gibbs shoes, it is so obvious, and I will try and explain why that is.

If you look back over the NFL teams for the last, lets say 20 years, if you look at the one key ingredient that made every team dominate, the first thing on offense most people will say was it was the QB. {we all know defense wins championships) Lets talk about a couple of the greats in recent years. Joe Montana, Steve young, Troy Aikman, the one thing those guys all had was a real strong Offensive line. The 3 Super Bowls we won in our ten year stand, the one thing if you ask any NFL fan that they remember about our team, it was “The Hogs” I hate to be caption obvious here, but we DO NOT, in any way, shape or form have anything that even comes close to resembling any of those great lines of years gone by.

I’ve been asking myself since the draft, why in the hell did we not do a major upgrade to the O Line. I know we are getting back a player, and yeah, we have gotten a couple of new guys, but WTF are we going to do if we lose a key guy like last year, and have no depth? Do you want to see Pat just sit back there and wait on huge defensive players knock the living crap out of him? It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out Patrick Ramsey is not mobile. If you think for one second that any of our QB’s are going to be able to sit back in the pocket, and have the line hold up, your fooling yourself.

I don’t mean to offend anyone here, but without a mobile QB AT THIS POINT IN TIME, we have no chance at being effective . I for one am sick of watching defenses that stink, come in and hold our team to very few points. If we could have scored one more TD in every game last year, look at our record.

Say what you will about “Other Fans”, I am one who has never stated I have or ever had confidence in PR, and I don’t think my good buddy Joe does either.

Business is business…..

Originally posted by Snyder Dan

I have no idea who Jason Campbell is. I have never seen him play football and I don't know if he is Mickey or Moses. I also am not interested in exposing people with opinions, this poll is completely anonymous, so please respond honestly:

How many times have you seen Jason Campbell play?

Enough to know that he could basically take Ramsey's spot and the skins offense would not miss a beat.

Originally posted by SKINZ_DOMIN8

Enough to know that he could basically take Ramsey's spot and the skins offense would not miss a beat.

Good call, b/c rookie QB's usually come in right away and complete 60%+ of their passes and succeed in their first year. Look at every top 1st rd. QB in the last 5 years (all who were more highly rated than Cambell), all of which stuggled significantly their first years and most into their second at least. Try not to mix emotion with intelligent thought, usually doesn't work too well

Archived