Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trades in MVP Baseball 2005

DraftNik

Anybody else play MVP Baseball 2005? Have you found that trades are impossible when you have fair trades on? I tried trading Tejada for the worst prospect on a single-A team and it was rejected. And I also tried doing fair trades like Tejada for Michael Young and couldn't. What's going on?

When are you trying to trade? If it is in the offseason the computer wont do many trade. Also, its hard to trade older guys for anything...i tried to Trade Loaiza after the 3rd season but cant get any decent value for him.

But i can complete trades, just have to work at it a little bit.

Originally posted by rebornempowered

Any advice on how to extend contracts? On Madden they will take additional years easily but on MVP you have to sell your firstborn to get them to sign a new contract.

Its like that in real life in baseball though. People will usually only go a year +- on thier contract. That way they can get back to the market...

With no salary cap they dont want to be tied into a sub par contract.

Originally posted by skinzfan4life

Its like that in real life in baseball though. People will usually only go a year +- on thier contract. That way they can get back to the market...

That's what I thought but wanted to see if anyone had a trick to it.

Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by skinzfan4life

Yes. A 4 year deal in MLB is a long term comittment. Guys in the middle of their career want a deal that will carry the rest of their productive years or even beyond. Look @ Magglio Ordonez. He waited out the market and got a 6 year deal despite missing the last year due to injury. Besides some loopholes, the players gets 100% of their contract. Usually a team has to overpay for a free agent, so the back end of the contract covers a market increase.

In the NFL, only signing bonus money and roster bonuses matter, sine the last year or 2 on many contracts are pure fiction.

Archived