Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Redskins made smart pick

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

9. Redskins: CB Carlos Rogers, Auburn.

We're amazed that the 'Skins were able to resist Mike Williams, and it's actually a good sign for the franchise that they made the smart move.

We'd heard earlier this week that the 'Skins had Rogers at the top of their board at the corner position, above Jones and Rolle.

This was clearly a smart pick. Matt Jones is a risk pick, but I won't be surprised if we get him at No. 25. Still, Rogers had to go there to us. For what Lenny described as a team that doesn't understand being conventional, this was a solid, convential, good pick.

Originally posted by Art

This was clearly a smart pick. Matt Jones is a risk pick, but I won't be surprised if we get him at No. 25. Still, Rogers had to go there to us. For what Lenny described as a team that doesn't understand being conventional, this was a solid, convential, good pick.

Precisely.

I'd still be surprised if we got Jones @ 25. I could see us trading down and grabbing him in the 2nd round, but the first round seems high on a project player, albeit one who's a tremendous athlete. I think we get best available DE or WR there.

Archived