Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT-- PS2 games

Buddha

I finally broke the wife down and talked her into getting a Playstation 2 today. I used the double-barrel argument of 1) Father's Day is coming up, and 2) our sons need to start playing it so they won't be branded as dorks when they start school in a couple of years. But I need some advice...what are some good games to stock up on? We bought Twisted Metal Black and Tekken Tag Team because Mrs. Buddha likes fighting games and I like blowing up stuff. I'd like to add some sports games and more fighting games, but really don't have the time to dedicate to any adventure games.

So what current/soon-to-be-released games do y'all recommend???

There is a place in trenton called trade a tape. You can get playstation 2 games and dvd movies really cheap. They are all used, so you get them for about 5-25 dollars a piece....It usually takes a few months after a game is released before someone trades it for another. But I would recommend you look for a place like that. Then you can get alot more bang for the buck. You get a 30 day warranty on the used games. I go there all the time to add to our collection. If you can't find a place by you let me know. I can go there with a list and price out what you want and mail it to you. You can get 3-4 games for the price of one game at the mall. You will need a memory card or two.

I would also recommend that you go to Happypuppy.com and download some demo's so you can get an idea of what games you want before you actually buy them. This way you don't get stuck with a game you'll never play.

http://www.happypuppy.com/help/404map.html

And I wanted to let you know they have hundreds of Playstation 2 games all the time, and thousands of Dvd's at this trade a tape place I go to. The dvd's are 5-10 dollars.

Guest Trevor

Tekken Tag is awful IMO. Tekken 4 is much, much better but it's only out in Japan(well the legal version anyway).

Like was mentioned, GTA 3 is very good. Gran Turismo 3 is another excellent game. As is Spiderman.

I hate Nascar is general, but I found Nascar Thunder fun also.

A few other titles of note are Tiger Woods 2002, Hot Shots Golf 3(kiddie like graphics but really fun), Dues Ex and Rez.

Sadly, most ps2 games are average at best. I have almost every game ever made and I only end up playing 5 or 6 of them most of the time.

Tony Hawk 3 Rules!!!! The best game ever!! Tony Hawk 4 will be out in the fall, though, so maybe you should wait...HELL NO!! Get it now!! Tony Hawk 3 RULES!!

Medal Of Honor: Frontline is good, too. I just picked it up yeasterday. The graphics on the PC (Medal of Honor Allied Assault) are better, but so far the levels are different and the gameplay is great!

Metal Gear Solid 2 is excellent, a very good game; Madden 2002 rules as always, but they make the Skins pretty sucky on it and 2003 will be out in a month or 2. Devil May Cry is beautiful graphically and lotsa of fun, but it's too short. Jax and Daxter is fun, made by the Crash Bandicoot team (Naughty Dog).

Best of all, Doom 3 is coming out sometime soon, and it is supposed to be revolutionary in graphics and gameplay! I saw a quick preview of it, and it looked AWESOME! Can't wait for that one!!

What else, well I found Off-Road Fury ATV pretty good, and SSX was fun, too. But I find myself playing Tony Hawk 3 the most, it is addictive!!!

GAME ON BABY GAME ON :D

Grand Theft Auto 3

Metal Gear Solid 2

Final Fantasy X

Grand Turismo (Racing)

Devil May Cry

Tekken 4 is going to be nice

Madden 2003 (I passed on 2002 after renting it and just customise my 2001)

MOH is gonna be a good buy

Tekken Tag Team is basically tekken 3 and a half I'm looking forward to Mortal Kombat and Lara Croft Tomb Raider

Grand Theft Auto 3 is an awesome game. Not for the faint of heart, and definitely not for small children. I'm a Sega Sports fan. I got turned off to Madden on PS1 and then had a Dreamcast and that only offered Sega football. I did play Madden 2001 or 02 on a friends PS2 and it played much better than I remembered.

The PS2 is easily "upgradable" to play backups... You can find lots of info on that online. Plus it plays all of the original PS1 games out there.

Peace

Hey escholz...Havent had a ton of time with MOH but agree its a great game. Makes me wish i had a PC with enough snot to run that version. I was curious how far youve made it. I havent been saving as I go along and have ben as far as the sub. What other levels rock that youve been to?

Im on the brink of getting a PS2.

Games ive played and been excited about GTA3 but not for kids, Ryan is right about NCAA 2002 but wait for July because NCAA 2003 is coming out. best feature of that game is you get to recruit from high schools plus you can download the players leaving that year and use them for the draft in Madden 2002.

If you want a hockey game go for NHL 2002. Im looking forward to Medal of Honor.

Btw Buddah its so nice to know that you care about your kids and their popularity. if only there were more parents like you.

Riggo...I'm one level past the sub level. It's in Holland and the graphics are awesome. I love this game because it really sucks you in, you almost feel like you're there. You have a lot to look forward to. But if I were you, I would save my game. ;)

I'm looking into getting the X Box when madcatz or someone designs better controllers (hint look as PS2) with PS2 going online its gong to be interesting playing some of these games with and against some of you guys.

But with the gameshark I wonder how much cheating will take away from the experience?

Yes...Market Garden. First you are outside and there are all sorts of windmills, etc. Be sure to look around, the environments are stunning. Then you go into a little Dutch village to do some deep cover work. If you play it on a Dolby Surround system, it's almost like being there. That took up most of my weekend. I'm one of the lucky few men who's wife doesn't mind video games.

Archived