Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 'U'

GrimReefa

Originally posted by airborneskins

My thoughts exactly. They bring too much drama to teams.

Really? Let's see here....

Atlanta has Biblia... no drama

Buffalo has Willis McGahee, aside from the false rumor that he was demanding a trade has not brought any drama... In fact he turned there season around when he got in the starting lineup

Jets have Vilma, McClover, Weaver, and they had Moss.. None of them brought any drama to the team... I'm sure Herm loves his new D rookie of the year LB.

Giants have Shockey and Joseph, no drama from Joseph.. But everyone that is not a Giants fan/player/coach hates him because he goes out there and has fun (football is a game right?)

Packers have Bubba Franks and Najeh Davenport, no drama there.

Cleveland Clowns have Winslow, Kenard Lang and some others. No drama there, other than the holdout and his agents are the Postons. I'm sure you are all waiting with baited breath until he becomes a problem. But he never was in Miami (post game lockerroom rant aside)

Oakland has Pbuch and Sapp, Pbuch does'nt bring any drama. Sure he get's a little excited after he scores but who cares.

Sapp falls into the Shockey category. Obnoxious to everyone but people that follow his team.

Baltimore has Ray and Ed Reed. No drama there.

St Louis has Damion Lewis, no drama

Philly has McDougle and Jamaal Green, other than being injury prone they have brought no drama.

Denver has DJ Williams, they love him over there. Good thing Portis did not sorry shanny on the U.

Vikings have McKinnie... The holdout was the only drama he has brought. Nothing since then.

49ers have Rumph, Dorsey, and Andrew Williams.. No drama from any of them

Carolina has Dan Morgan... Injury prone but made the probowl.. no drama either

Indy has Edge and Wayne... Aside from the fact that neither of them works out there, nobody is complaining anymore.

Houston has Andre Johnson. Quietly made the probowl his second year. no drama whatsoever.

Patriots have Duane Starks and Wilfork. No drama from either of them.

Phins have Walters and Carey. No drama, even tho the way the Phins moved Carey from position to position his rookie year should have caused drama. He kept his mouth shut and did whatever was best for the team. A trend is developing...

There is more.. but my point has probably been made already (if i have one lol)..

UM has anywhere between 45-50 players in the NFL. And a handful of them cause "drama" that is a pretty good ratio considering a good portion of them are upper echelon players. the other 40 get thrown under the bus because of a few bad apples.

They're not as good as advertised and come with too much baggage. They are problem childs that need a babysitter. Self centered clowns and create too many bad situations. I can only think of one in the last 5 to 10 years who hasn't been a problem that's Ed Reed

Define problem? Exactly what have Jonathan Vilma, D.J. Williams, Willis McGahee, Andre Johnson...etc done to cause problems?

You just don't like the U. To say the players aren't as good as advertised is ridiculous. Do some flop...of course. But What about Edge, Ray, Ed, Willis, Andre, Reggie Wayne, Clinton, Dan Morgan, ST, Vilma etc. Hate all you want, the U will continue to produce whether you like it or not.

If you get too many Miami players on the same team it spells trouble, it makes a clique and it alienates the rest of the team.

It didn't seem to hurt Dallas too much when they were winning 3 out of 4 Super Bowls in the early 90's did it? Michael Irvin, Kevin Williams, Darrin Smith, Russell Maryland, Jimmie Jones...not sure if I'm forgetting anybody. Not to mention Jimmy Johnson and most of his coaching staff came from The U.

The "U"

Taylor

Wayne

Ray Lews

Reed

Buchannon

DJ Williams

Vilma

Sapp

Armstead

Andre Johnson

Lang

Moss

Portis

McGahee

E.James

Wilfork (when he gets the chance)

Shockey

Winslow (we all know Winslow will be good)

Davenport

I could keep going. The list speaks for it's self. Most of these players are very recent.

Originally posted by cphil006

DJ Dozier from Kempsville high school in Virginia Beach?

The Rock...

If you get too many Miami players on the same team it spells trouble, it makes a clique and it alienates the rest of the team.

Kempsville Chief '93 here...ok...so its a shout out. But between Dozier and JR Reid - we had a few stellar athletes come through.

One of my classmates plays for MLS now too...

Originally posted by Waleo32

The "U"

Taylor

Wayne

Ray Lews

Reed

Buchannon

DJ Williams

Vilma

Sapp

Armstead

Andre Johnson

Lang

Moss

Portis

McGahee

E.James

Wilfork (when he gets the chance)

Shockey

Winslow (we all know Winslow will be good)

Davenport

I could keep going. The list speaks for it's self. Most of these players are very recent.

first of all, you can keep Buchannon, Williams, Lang and Moss, so far I have no reason to believe they are anything better than average NFL starters (which isn't a bad thing per se, but not spectacular).

but the real point isn't that Miami doesn't have a terrific record producing top notch NFL talent, as you say, the record speaks for itself. the point is that drafting players because they went to Miami may be a better method than drafting players simply because they went to Akron, but it would still be a foolish way to invest.

Originally posted by Snyder Dan

first of all, you can keep Buchannon, Williams, Lang and Moss, so far I have no reason to believe they are anything better than average NFL starters (which isn't a bad thing per se, but not spectacular).

but the real point isn't that Miami doesn't have a terrific record producing top notch NFL talent, as you say, the record speaks for itself. the point is that drafting players because they went to Miami may be a better method than drafting players simply because they went to Akron, but it would still be a foolish way to invest.

Of course Lang, Buchannon, Moss and etc. aren't with Ray and Reed. But they are good players with a big upside. The U brings out great talent. Most of them are star or stars in training. Lang pretty much is hitting his peak, but is a very good player. An for the Akron point you can say that about any big name school. I'm not a fan of the U, hell I'm a big Mich fan, but you can't deny it. The "U" prepares college players for the NFL game.

GO CANES BABY! I'm from miami we love our canes. we produce the best pro players hands down no argument. we have more players in the league then any other university. And rolle is my dawg i played highschool football with him i talked to him two days ago. And for all you doubters rolle is the best DB in the draft even the guys on espn say it. and we would be lucky if he landed to us at #9. if he doesnt play for us keep an eye on him he will ball out!

Murdering someone during superbowl week is so commonplace that is doesn't count as drama.

As i recall the two guys who were charged with the murder, and whom Ray testified against were aquitted. Blame the justice system for that. Ray didn't kill anyone. But you can believe whatever makes you feel better.

Originally posted by SkinsandCanes

As i recall the two guys who were charged with the murder, and whom Ray testified against were aquitted. Blame the justice system for that. Ray didn't kill anyone. But you can believe whatever makes you feel better.

And OJ is innocent. Matter of fact he moved closer to the U to feel at home.

That's funny. You do realize there wasn't any evidence that pointed at Ray. It was just an overzealous Atlanta police department trying to make a name for themselves by arresting a football star. Meanwhile they let they guys who were eventually charged get away with murder. All because they wanted to be famous. Good job Atlanta. You should be proud. But keep ignoring the facts and keep hating Ray. Comparing the two cases just shows how ignorant you are. Congratulations!

Originally posted by SkinsandCanes

Define problem? Exactly what have Jonathan Vilma, D.J. Williams, Willis McGahee, Andre Johnson...etc done to cause problems?

You just don't like the U. To say the players aren't as good as advertised is ridiculous. Do some flop...of course. But What about Edge, Ray, Ed, Willis, Andre, Reggie Wayne, Clinton, Dan Morgan, ST, Vilma etc. Hate all you want, the U will continue to produce whether you like it or not.

Basically

i think alot of people just hate the fact that those dudes march to the beat of a different drum....i LIKE "THE U" players and really dont care if they arent in VOLUNTARY camps....they all work together in florida in the offseason...u dont hear nobody cryin about the other players on the other teams cuz they dont care....they just want them there ready to play...which they are

also i think the old stigma of the late 80's has some sort of effect on peoples perception as well....plus...these dudes are from MIAMI...a party city...so thats all people want to think that these dudes are just party animals....

Id take a Miami player anyday....these dudes come in ready to play...and play well

and in the end isnt that all that matters??? who cares what u do off the field:point2sky

Originally posted by SoCalSkins

Murdering someone during superbowl week is so commonplace that is doesn't count as drama.

Originally posted by Snyder Dan

don't argue semantics

Originally posted by SoCalSkins

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Archived