Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Isn't getting a new Uni?

Yes,

I think the Chargers should go back to the gold pants, powder blue jerseys, and white helmets with the gold "charger". I watched a segment of the NFL "greatest" series, and they voted the Charger receiver corp as the Greatest.

Jon Jefferson, Charlie Joyner, and Kellen Winslow. Not bad, considering you had Fouts throwing to them.

By the way, does anyone have the NFL channel on their satelite? Channel 703, plays nothing but NFL films stories, as well as an occasional NFL Europe game. Great stuff on some of the legends.

Specifically they recently sat down around at a round table and debated the greatest run of all time. Wilbon, Nick Sabol, Peter King, and some other guy I didn't recognize. The contenders:

*Garrison Hearst's long run on opening day against the Jets in O.T. Broke like 7 tackles and raced down the sideline. Nick Sabol voted this the best.

*Walter Payton against the Chiefs on the Soldier Field turf. He lowered his head three times and wacked the defenders, although he didn't score.

*Barry Sanders, bouncing and spinning off of a bunch of Bears and taking it the distance. Everyone thought he was down, but he just kept running. Peter King liked this one.

* Wilbon suggested Riggins T.D. run against the Dolphins in the Superbowl. Sabol suggested he only broke one tackle, but Wilbon said it was for the Superbowl win. What I had forgotten when looking at the highlight is, that once Riggins breaks the tackle, you hear a number of diesel horns blow as he begins to race down the sideline. How fitting.....

I was thinking Steve Young's too. THAT ws awesome!

The cool thing about Riggin's run was that yes it was in the Super Bowl, and yes it crushed the opposition but what was significant was it wsa 4th and 1.............in the Super Bowl, crushing the opponent's will to continue.

I know I'm going to get a ribbing for this but I wish the Bucs would go back to the orange & white for at least one game this year. Long time fans have suffered through many years with them playing in those colors.

I have a few boxes in my attic full of Bucco Bruce stuff and would love to break it out for a game just to look around the stadium to see who the true fans are compared to the bandwaggoners who only have the new stuff.

Originally posted by One Dollar

I know I'm going to get a ribbing for this but I wish the Bucs would go back to the orange & white for at least one game this year. Long time fans have suffered through many years with them playing in those colors.

I have a few boxes in my attic full of Bucco Bruce stuff and would love to break it out for a game just to look around the stadium to see who the true fans are compared to the bandwaggoners who only have the new stuff.

Dollar....PLEASE don't go there!!! I broke out the orange and white for the Tampa Bay Buc Bulletin Board 2nd Annual Tail Gate Party (for charity) Memorial weekend at Fort DeSoto. Believe me I had everyone rolling on the floor laughing :D

The red and pewter rock compared to the old Bucco Bruce orangecicle yuk colors....and I LOVE our cannons:cool:

Archived