Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBA/refs pushed it to game 7.......ugh

NoCalMike

Ok, I am living in Sacramento, have been for most of my life(born in Silverspring, MD) and I am a huge Kings fan. Now as far as game 7 goes, I really have no complaints with the refs, there were a few questionable calls against Divac, but oh well it happens. All I can say is that the Kings killed themselves with horrible free throw shooting. The most sickening part is that they were an exellent free throw shooting team all season all through the playoffs, until about game 5 of this series.

Anyways, my main beef is the officiating from game 6. It just seemed like total garbage. I never usually complain when there are a few bad calls because I understand that stuff happens, but game 6 was just ridiculous, it seemed totally biased. Oh and how about the fact that Shaq commits a lane violation just about EVERY single time he shoots a free throw. When he releases the ball, he brings his other foot over the line before the ball hits the rim/backboard/net/whatever. Now if nobody has asked the officials about this, then I can understand, but I know a player or a coach must have said something, so I don't see how the officials can just decide they aren't going to call it......Well I am pissed right now at the Kings for their horrible ft. shooting and I better quit now before I stop making sense.......AAAAAHHHHHHH

After what I saw I don't think I will watch or attend any NBA games again. It is all about ratings (it is better to have a LA NJ final then a sacremento NJ final LA is a huge market and NJ pulls in the NY market) I am disgusted the NBA is no different then then

WRESTLING.

Game 6 was atrocious, and the Kings should have won the series in that game. However, they were clearly outplayed in game 7. They were hacking and fouling in game 7, and they got away with alot. As a former highschool player, I have little patience for teams that shoot 50% from the free throw line. If they made FTs, it never goes to OT. In a way I like to see games where teams lose because of FT shooting. I keep hoping maybe that will make the pros concentrate a little more on practicing the fundamentals.

Not a fan, but picked them, based on the matchups. don't think the officiating caused the loss, per se. Thought the players determined their fate and free throws, bonehead plays and given fouls cost them two games at least. That means that they did it to themselves basically. Yeah bad fouls are always around, but losing big horrendous leads and using assnine judgement, will do it to you everytime.

Archived