Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Williamson highlight footage

dfbovey

I go to USC and had the pleasure of watching this guy play...id rather have him then any other reciever...he played sick in an offense with no good qbs...hes fast as hell and he won the FOX rookie challenge over none other then mike williams among others. Trade down and this guy will still be available and maybe we can get a 2nd rounder from whoever we trade with...

How can anyone in their right mind actually like one of those QB's. You have to be sick in the head. Many of those passes are prayers, but it's more amzazing to see what WIlliamson did with them.

Also was a relief to finally see him have the ball thrown to him by someone who actually would use the laces. Not the bare side of the ball.

Originally posted by jivelikenice

Any Video of Jacobs from Florida??? Might be the only way to compare right now...

Troy showed speed but not much strength. He didn't overposer any of the corners in the video....

yeah, I don't know how anyone can claim this guy is automatically better than Jacobs.

These highlights look good and all, but he looks a lot like most of the receivers already on the roster.

I think Troy will eventually be a real good player but I would be concerned about him making in through a 16 game season. On those highlights, when he got hit he went down immediately. He just didn't show that he could absorb the hits and continue to gain yardage. He has good height but not great height either. I wouldn't mind us drafting him but only in a trade down and he would definitely need to bulk up some..

Originally posted by jivelikenice

I think Troy will eventually be a real good player but I would be concerned about him making in through a 16 game season. On those highlights, when he got hit he went down immediately. He just didn't show that he could absorb the hits and continue to gain yardage. He has good height but not great height either. I wouldn't mind us drafting him but only in a trade down and he would definitely need to bulk up some..

I share some of the same concerns you do... He just looks like he cannot make something out of nothing, he seems to be below average in YAC, and he cannot break tackles.

I would rather have Mark Clayton or Roddy White at this point if we were drafting a WR in the latter portion of the 1st.

If you think about it, his YPC is misleading. It is probably inflated from just running fly patterns where no one can keep up (in CFB). Take those away assuming he wont toast everyone in the NFL and that makes the rest of his catches and YAC seem rather pedestrian.

I would pass and pick up a WR in the 3rd.

You’re right I am assuming. I am assuming that the majority of his catches were long bombs. But that’s it. I am not assuming that he won’t run by everyone in the NFL like he did in CFB. That is just fact.

He just isn’t that special as a WR. He is fast but big whoop. A huge portion of his stats from last year come against such stellar defenses as Central Florida, Vandy, Kentucky. Heck even UGA had a terrible Pass D last year. If you look at his career he has had one or two big games against big opponents, the rest he padded against weak competition.

Archived