Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why did Maurice Clarett was expelled from OHIO STATE ??

jayson

Originally posted by bhayesp

I love that the people on this site hold users to the standards of at least a third grade education. Enough with the dumbing down of this country.

Clarrett was suspended for bad grades, and then admitted to accepting gifts from boosters. Then he hired an agent, keeping him from playing NCAA football at all. He also filed a false police report about a car being broke into. The car didn't even belong to him if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure that he was ever actually expelled so much as became inelligable. I can't find a decent link right now.

I think it was his car, he just claimed like $1000 worth of stolen stuff which was totally fraudulent...

Originally posted by frankbones

Haven't read further, but this is incorrect on so many levels. 1st off, Mo was never expelled from OSU. He was suspended for lying to NCAA investigators when questioned about a NY Times piece by since fired reporter Mike Freeman(Who I believe works for an Indianpolis paper now) about preferential treatment for football players. The sole person quoted in the piece was a mentally unstable TA, who has since been living out of her car, charged with staying in hotel rooms and not paying for them, and is currently in treatment. But I am getting off track.

Mo also lied to investigators about the infamous car break-in which led to him being suspended for the entire year. I believe it was 8 counts of liying or misleading, at a 10-15% season suspension for each offense.

After 2003 Mo unsuccessfuly sued to gain entry into the NFL, hired an agent and in the process was deemed ineligible by the NCAA for 2004.

edit:spelling

http://www.totk.com/article.asp?articleid=59543

Don't know how accurate it is, but this site says he was expelled....

I love that the people on this site hold users to the standards of at least a third grade education. Enough with the dumbing down of this country.

... later followed by:

He also filed a false police report about a car being broke into.

:laugh:

Archived