Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT- As good as it gets - LA, Horry's last second 3 even series!

Guest Trevor

The Kings can't complain about the refs. The calls and bounces were going their way in the 1st half and that stopped when the Kings stopped being as aggressive.

Horry has got to be, if not the best, than one of the very best clutch shooters in NBA history. He converts time, after time, after time. Shaq's free throws down the stretch was also clutch.

The Kings scored more points in the first quarter than they scored in the entire second half. Can't win like that. A potential series-winner right there. Two in a row.

Hell, I might start watching basketball again if this keeps up. :)

Don't kid yourselves.

Someone please explain to me how this would even remotely qualify as a potential series winner? Or how Sacremento can't come back from this?

The game was AT LA. Had the Kings won, it was see ya later time for the Lakers. The Kings did what they had to do, win one game at LA, and they damn near won two. It was a hard fought game that came down to the wire.

The injured Kings are taking it to LA, and will win games 5 and 7 as they should to move on.

Originally posted by Trevor

Horry has got to be, if not the best, than one of the very best clutch shooters in NBA history. He converts time, after time, after time. Shaq's free throws down the stretch was also clutch.

The Houston Rockets had a guy by the name of Eddie Johnson back in 97 & 98 who killed the Jazz with those kind of clutch 3-pointers in the West Finals in 97 and the first round in 98. They almost kept Utah from advancing because of Johnson's sharp-shooting both those years. He definitely was cast from the same mold as Horry.

Mike, I hope you are right, not that I am a Kings fans(which I am not) but blowing a lead like that and losing on a last second shot might be enough to sink them low enough that they can't come back. I hope to God they don't cause I can not stand the Lakers (76ers fan) and would love to see them get beat

The proper way to look at is like this...

The Lakers just emptied the tank to win this game. For the Kings to come into their house, and the for the Lakers to have to gut it out for two straight games just to stay alive in the series will take its toll.

Shift now back to Sacramento, where the Kings will have the crowd and want to avenge what should have been a win (lucky shot) for a game 5 win.

Lakers win game 6 at home, Sacremento wins the deciding game 7 to move on.

It's totally different from the Nets loss, where I think that game will be the series clincher for the Celts. Losing on the road to a dynasty team where they needed a lucky shot to win usually just makes you scratch your head and say, 'ya know, we should beat this team...'

I've read in a couple articles this morning how Vlade and Webber are preaching Horry's shot was simply just a "luck shot." Now, the play wasn't drawn up like that, but the shot wasn't lucky. Horry grabbed the tip out in rythim and nailed the shot. Maybe the Lakers should say that they got "lucky" that Vlade choked on the free throw line. If he makes the shot at the line, the Lakers are down by three and there is no way the Kings let Horry camp out behind the three point line waiting for the ball to roll his way.

The Kings played a great game and I thought they had the game in the first half. But after watching the Lakers tighten up their defense you almost new the Lakers were going to win. This wasn't some lucky streak where the Lakers went on a 15-0 run to get themselves back in the game. IMO they dominated the FLOW of the game for two and a half quarters and were able to slowly get back into it.

I'll give the Kings one thing. They will not quit. I don't think I've seen them ever play this well. For everything the Lakers do, the Kings seem to have an answer and are making some big shots.Sooner or later the Lakers shots are going to start to fall and the Kings can't continue to shoot the way they are(can they?). One thing I wish NBC would do is keep the cameras off the Kings bench. I can understand cheering for your team and all, but what goes on during the course of a game on their bench is borderline ignorant. I wish they would have shown the look on some of their faces when Horry drained the three, I'd be willing to bet there wasn't any towel waving or grins from ear to ear.

Game 5 Tues.............Can't wait

Those shots are the reason they keep Horry on the roster. The bigger the shot, the better his percentage is. He often just sleeps through the regular season and then lights it up come playoff time. The Lakers aren't as impressive as they were the last two years. It has become obvious that they are human and can be beaten. I think that Sacramento can still take it to them if they use the last game as motivaiton instead of letting it get to them.

I just cant understand why you leave Horry in the fourth quarter lurking around the three point line.

The lakers can't count on luck or feather fouls to be called on the kings in the 4th quarter while smacks are not seen when the kings have the ball.

Game 5 will show what the Kings are made of. If they can come back from yesterday's game and play well they will ahve a great chance to advance. If they look like a beaten team that will be just the springboard LA needs to get their third in a row.

For the sake of making it interesting to the rest of us who have no real stake in this thing ... go Kings! :)

Originally posted by Trevor

Assuming Jordan is retired, the best active player at making clutch shots is Reggie Miller, followed by Horry. Those guys are unreal.

Not to drag this on, but that was absolutely a luck shot!!! C'mon...

If it weren't a luck shot, why not just draw up the play that way? What was Phil thinking? Just toss it back to Horry and win the game, right?

Now granted, these guys have skill, and some are more adept at threes than others, and some better in pressure situations than others. No matter though, line Horry up for that same shot with the same circumstances, and he makes it maybe 3 times out of 10.

With odds like that, I'd say he was a just a bit on the lucky side friends.

Mike - It may have been luck that the ball kicked out to Horry, who happened to be in perfect position to take it. So, let's call the PLAY luck, but the actual shot itself was a good one. Once Horry had the ball, luck played no part. He nailed it.

How's that for compromise? :)

I still can't believe that shot...

I knew LA was going to go on there little run in the fourth quarter, but I was sure the Kings would hang on.

oh well...

To make things worst it was a King (was it Divac?) who tipped it out to Horry...

Though I wanted Sacramento to win this series I thought the Lakers were going to take it, now I have no idea. This thing is so wide open.

btw

How does trevor get to be 'The Man!' with only 390+ posts?

Archived