Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

spurrier can make a lot look stupid

bsmsss

if spurrier wins with weurffel,mathews,anthony,green,lockett--it will make many coaches look dumb and the gms yelling i knew these guys can play but our dumb coach never gave him a chance--

anthony and green were #1 picks--you dont think the gm is mad he never really got a chance--

it will show players need great coaching to become good --spurrier can make the ditkas,dungys, look dumb if these players become good under spurrier

actually Green was a #2 but I get your point :)

I think Spurrier will be successful BUT he will have to adapt himself to the NFL somewhat, and that may mean jettisoning some players like Reidel Anthony, Chris Doering and Danny Wuerffel.

That would still leave Shane Matthews as the starting quarterback and Jacquez Green out at receiver, though.

And I think Robert Gillespie has a decent shot of being the #4 back on the club this season.

I don't see Kenny Watson being that stiff of competition for him.

It will show players need great coaching to become good

Right on my brother. The most amazing thing to me is how few teams put a real effort into coaching their QBs. Usualy once a QB is an established starter they slack off.

Honestly I thought about starting a new thread with the very same idea. I have alwaise thought that at least half of the head coaches in the NFL are are hacks. It's not that they don't know football, but they havent had an original thought since Nixon was president.

Most coaches redefine the term "stuck in a rut". Spurrier is to football what the X games are to bicicle riding.

Originally posted by PennState11

I have a question for anyone out there. Is Robert Gillespie fast? I thought he was when i watched his highlights but i remember hearing somewhere he wasnt. Cause if he is he might be able to be a return man. Just a thought

He's pretty quick - very slippery with great moves. I don't know if you saw Spurrier's PTI interview, but in it they showed a clip of a running back doing one spin move to make a guy miss - then spinning again to make another guy miss, then he plows through 3 guys to get into the endzone. That was Gillespie - end of story! He'd be a great 3rd down back, but I think we have plenty of other options for a return guy.

Don't forget - Quezzie Green used to return punts for us at UF and was great at it :D

Archived