Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

espn "huddle" just said skins

bsmsss

If the Skins did move up in the draft I hope it is not to pick up Edwards. To me he is another Rod clone. Also not sold on Mike Williams either, He looked slow and out of shape at the combines.

Now Johnson, the middle Linebacker out of Texas is a monster. Would be sick to have him, lavar, Marcus, and ST on defense....

If we go with a reciever in the draft my pick would goto Mark Clayton. Above average speed, good route runner, good hands, and would be alot cheaper than Edwards or Williams.

Drafting Johnson at MLB would fill that gap and make the defense even better.

Originally posted by krausko2

God I hope not, if we move down to number two we better take Mike Williams cuz he is the no-miss guy. Edwards is good for the big plays, but he dropped a lot of 3rd down conversions in Michigan. Plus Williams is taller and stronger. I hope Gibbs gets this one right.

You apparently didn't see Edwards rip off 23/24 reps on the benchpress at the Combine.

LOL @ pre-draft disinformation! Won't you guys ever learn? :laugh:

The high profile signings we have historically done under Snyder distract from the fact that our team doesn't tip its hand, and is excellent at draft misinformation.

Remember the 2000 draft when we had two of the top four picks, and the concensus top four players were Courtney Brown, Lavar, Samuels, and Peter Warrick? The so-called pundits had no idea who we'd pick - everyone came up with a different combination.

Originally posted by bricucci

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Is my thoughts on all the Mike Williams hype!!!! Please let it go, its not a priority need and why roll the dice on a guy that has Defensive End speed and had 1 good year in the most prolific offense in college.

I think you need to go Defense in this draft!!!!!!!!

He has more speed than Boldin, he's just been a terrible bust though huh?? How about Cliff Russell, that guy could run circles around Mike Williams, maybe we can resign him since speed is obviously all that matters. Look I would be happy to go defense with a top cb or a guy like Merriman to convert to DE, but the reality is we still have a major hole at reciever as well and it needs to be addressed sooner or later so let's not act like we have the 99 Rams offense with the Colts defense.

Drafting Johnson at MLB would fill that gap and make the defense even better.

I believe DJ is an OLB so he doesn't do us much good.

Originally posted by pr11fan

He has more speed than Boldin, he's just been a terrible bust though huh?? How about Cliff Russell, that guy could run circles around Mike Williams, maybe we can resign him since speed is obviously all that matters. Look I would be happy to go defense with a top cb or a guy like Merriman to convert to DE, but the reality is we still have a major hole at reciever as well and it needs to be addressed sooner or later so let's not act like we have the 99 Rams offense with the Colts defense.

I believe DJ is an OLB so he doesn't do us much good.

he got you there bud. and as far as braylon edwards being a RG clone, that couldn't be further from the truth. edwards is a big time game breaker.

Originally posted by Hooper

If we give Santana a big extension, then draft a receiver at nine, much less two, well how in the hell is that sound salary cap management?

We shouldn't give Santana a big extension, we should try to sign him for solid #2 money and if he wants #1 money let him play it out this year and prove he is a #1, but to give him #1 money now just so he won't get away is stupid.

Guys, this is another rumor! Synder does like to fake right and left, especially with the draft. You always call to see what the asking price might be.

IMO, we will not go WR. We will draft a CB or DL. The problem is, most of the CB and DL are not worthy of a #9 pick. I would love to trade down about 4 spots and pick up a 2nd rounder.

Archived