Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After the Gibbs press conference, now what do you think of Antonio Pierce?

The bottom line is that these players will ultimately do what is best for them, not what's best for the team. If what's best for them falls within what's best for the team, then great! Otherwise, everyone of these clowns will follow the money. These players are mercenaries. I don't think they care about the fans much at all. Don't get me wrong, they want the fans to cheer for them, to like them while they're here.... but once they leave, they don't care. I'm sure Smoot will endear himself to the Minnessota fans....until his contract is up again.... At which point, he'll go to another city and forget about them too.

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

Spear, my problem with that is two-fold:

1) I don't think anyone cares that Smoot or Pierce actually followed the money. I think it's irritating that they were both outspoken to the media about trying to do what they can to stay in DC. And as it turned out, they chose to go elsewhere for relatively small amounts of money.

2) Our Front Office didn't exactly take a hard-line stance with either of these guys. We offered them the second-highest amount of money they could have made this offseason (both of which seemed to be less than $1M under what the highest signing bonus was).

I guess I just got fed up with Smoot and Pierce talking it up but then jumping ship the second a better offer came along. :2cents:

Amen TD and I wish there was a way of playing their public comments back in their faces and making them feel like sh*t. But to feel like that would mean that they would have to pocess something that they obviously do not...(a conscience.)

Archived