Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greg Blache interviewed

clown

wouldn't give any inside info

but said he loves how the interior of the D-line player last year and he's been working with Boshetti this offseason and expects a bigger role for him this year.

Talking about the draft, he liked the depth a DE and talked about this guy from UCLA that he really liked.

that's all

Originally posted by clown

wouldn't give any inside info

but said he loves how the interior of the D-line player last year and he's been working with Boshetti this offseason and expects a bigger role for him this year.

Talking about the draft, he liked the depth a DE and talked about this guy from UCLA that he really liked.

that's all

Your post is ambiguous. The guy from UCLA? I assume you mean Boschetti? Or a guy from UCLA in this year's draft? :rolleyes:

this defense is humming :D

you gotta love the staff. these guys find players............they find them on the waiver wire, they find them in the draft, they find them off the practice squads of other teams, they find them as money free agents.

but it seems they all produce and manage to stay together as a unit.

Originally posted by bulldog

this defense is humming :D

you gotta love the staff. these guys find players............they find them on the waiver wire, they find them in the draft, they find them off the practice squads of other teams, they find them as money free agents.

but it seems they all produce and manage to stay together as a unit.

This defensive coaching staff, consistently blew away my expectations last year. Every time a player went down to injury last year we found a replacement that produced, I don't expect that to change this year. (Pierce)

Your post is ambiguous. The guy from UCLA? I assume you mean Boschetti? Or a guy from UCLA in this year's draft?

to clear things up...

he was talking about this DE from either UCLA or California who is projected to go in the later rounds. Riddle was his last name. Anyone know who this guy is?

i can't find a scouting report on him.

Ryan Riddle

Official Bio College: California Height: 6-13/4

Position: Defensive End Weight: 256

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.60

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Was very productive...Has excellent athleticism and good speed...Is very quick...Has a high motor and never stops...Tough...Still has a lot of upside and potential.

Weaknesses: Undersized...May be a bit of a 'tweener and have to move to linebacker...Doesn't have a lot of experience and is still raw...Needs to get stronger and bulk up.

Notes: Came through with a monster senior campaign notching 14.5 sacks and earning All-American honors...JUCO transfer...Will get a shot due to his pass rush ability but may only be a situational player.

Positives: Riddle is an overachiever who has had an incredible Senior season at California. Very quick. Has a great burst off the ball and drives his opponent back. Gets good separation, and uses his strength and hands well. Makes plays and has a great motor. Has really developed strong pass rush moves and technique this season. Continues to develop and get better.

Negatives: He is undersized, and some might see him as a 'tweener (between an end and a linebacker). Gets bullied around when facing bigger lineman, and may need to add some weight without losing his speed and force.

Bottom Line: Riddle has come on strong this season, but is he a one year wonder or just developing a great talent? A team running a 3-4 might be a great fit for him. Look for him to go anywhere in the middle rounds.

At the end of the year it appeared as if Ryan Boschetti was going to be a guy the staff 'worked up' for 2005 :)

he hung around and hung around. he didn't get any real mention, but the staff appeared optimistic about the DL heading into the offseason. maybe this guy is one of the reasons for that.

Originally posted by rdavis2005

Ryan Riddle

Official Bio College: California Height: 6-13/4

Position: Defensive End Weight: 256

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.60

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Was very productive...Has excellent athleticism and good speed...Is very quick...Has a high motor and never stops...Tough...Still has a lot of upside and potential.

Weaknesses: Undersized...May be a bit of a 'tweener and have to move to linebacker...Doesn't have a lot of experience and is still raw...Needs to get stronger and bulk up.

Notes: Came through with a monster senior campaign notching 14.5 sacks and earning All-American honors...JUCO transfer...Will get a shot due to his pass rush ability but may only be a situational player.

Positives: Riddle is an overachiever who has had an incredible Senior season at California. Very quick. Has a great burst off the ball and drives his opponent back. Gets good separation, and uses his strength and hands well. Makes plays and has a great motor. Has really developed strong pass rush moves and technique this season. Continues to develop and get better.

Negatives: He is undersized, and some might see him as a 'tweener (between an end and a linebacker). Gets bullied around when facing bigger lineman, and may need to add some weight without losing his speed and force.

Bottom Line: Riddle has come on strong this season, but is he a one year wonder or just developing a great talent? A team running a 3-4 might be a great fit for him. Look for him to go anywhere in the middle rounds.

---

Hey he sounds good. 14.5 sacks? Wow not bad at all. The two GGs are the best man. We really lucked out on Defense with coaching. Now when not if Gibbs gets the offense going you are going to see this team fly. Honestly I thought this year if we made it in the playoffs we would have worried a few people.

I pointed out a year ago I thought Boschetti was a sleeper and a late bloomer, before he even got in a game. Then he had a fairly impressive game against Pittsburgh as a DE, not a DT. The guy shows versatility.

Boschetti was a late-bloomer at UCLA -- I think he only played one season -- because I believe he was a JUCO transfer. At 307 lbs., he ran a respectable 5.06 forty and bench presses 405 lbs. Definitely has something to work with. :)

Archived