Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Blog: Coles--It's the toe

rtandler

Based on the facts we know, there is really only one reason that the Redskins would make this deal; they must think that Coles is damaged goods. His injured toe, the one on which he refuses to have surgery, has cost him much of the speed and explosiveness that led to the Redskins dangling the $13 million to lure him from the Jets in the first place. Rehabilitation without surgery didn't nearly do the trick to heal the toe last offseason.

Also a look at Smoot's situation and a suggestion that the Skins probably won't--and probably shouldn't--take:

Washington has set Smoot's market value and it's up to another team in increase it. So far, it appears that none are willing to do so and, as a general rule, prices go down as time goes on. Should be Redskins be in a hardball mood, they could deduct $100,000 from the signing bonus for each day that Smoot doesn't accept it.

Tandler's Redskins Blog: Coles--It must be the toe

Originally posted by Fred Jones

I don't see the skins lowering the 10 mil SB for Smoot either. Gibbs doesn't do things like that.

I can't see Gibbs doing that either. I don't think it would be a good idea anyway. I just hope Smoot accepts the current one. We don't want to make him feel like we forced him to sign.

Archived