Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

defensive end

terps'n'skins

I'm not sure if anyone posted anything on this, so I will go ahead and do so...

It isnt a lie that the Redskins need a defensive end. A way to get one would be drafting Erasmus James, or drafting another defensive end with a draft. But it looks like we might be doing other things in the draft, too early to tell. But I think that we should go after Reggie Heyward...I think a break out season is coming, and the 'skins should take a hard look at him. He should be relatively cheap, and fill the problem of a lack of pash rushing from the defensive line.

Position: DE

Height: 6-5

Weight: 270

Born: 03/14/1979

College: Iowa State

NFL Experience: 4

Originally posted by terps'n'skins

thats true...but as far as i know trevor pryce isnt on the free agent market.

i think hes the best available one right now, and should come cheap.

I've read he's looking for something like a 10 mil sb, and that is why dever didn't re-sign him.

Heyward is hardly a secret and will be among the most sought after defensive free agents. He will get a $10 million bonus just like Bertrand Berry got last year.

The Redskins need to start developing some youth at DE, but I think with Daniels coming back that the club will be OK in 2005 with #93 and #97 on the ends with #56 rushing the passer on third downs.

My preference would be to use our #3 pick and/or the pick we get for Gardner to restock the DE spot.

Personally, I think the defensive ends we currently have impose no real threat to opposing QBs. I know our defense was very, very solid last year, but we barely got any pressure from our front four, minus Griffin's efforts.

I think a big-time DE would make this defense top of the league.

Archived