Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Derrick Johnson reel

illone

Originally posted by Die Hard

Looks like he doesn't wrap up very well for a linebacker.

Uses his shoulder too much.

Former Vikings long snapper turned radio personality said other bad things about Johnson. Morris pretty much said Johnson would be a bust. He said Johnson could put an raw egg under his shoulder pad and pull it out as good as new after the game. He said Johnson didn't hit, he was a drag down tackler, he didn't take on blockers, he just dove at linemans legs and tried to disrupt that way.

Originally posted by Beaudry

Former Vikings long snapper turned radio personality said other bad things about Johnson. Morris pretty much said Johnson would be a bust. He said Johnson could put an raw egg under his shoulder pad and pull it out as good as new after the game. He said Johnson didn't hit, he was a drag down tackler, he didn't take on blockers, he just dove at linemans legs and tried to disrupt that way.

To much ability to be a bust. Usually when your a lineback, and have that ability, you turn out sweet.

Originally posted by skns4life

guys good but no where near LA coming out of college....like die hard said...doesnt wrap up well and not many NFL players are going to fall down like those weak RB's....he tackles more like fred smoot...always going for the legs....i'd take LA any year

Yes Adrian Peterson is defenitly a weak running back.

Originally posted by illone

To me it wouldn't really make sense to draft him as we have decent depth at LB. We don't really need another "Lavar" on this team as last year plenty of 2nd and 3rd stringers got the job done for us.

I like the guy and he has been sick to watch for the past couple years terrorize offenses, but I see him going in the top 5 anyways. He really is a legitimate #1 pick in my mind.

This guy is a slightly less tougher version of Lavar. He did impress me though. He seemed like a guy with a nose for ball carriers and and looks to be an absolute fantastic playmaker.

He is fast too. He should make some team very happy. I have to think that he is higher rated than a lot of guys that have been talked about going in the top 5.

That being said, if he were to fall to #9, I agree with you we don't need him so I would pass.

He and Alex Barron could wind up being the bait we need to trade down.

Archived