Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Green Last Season

Chief skin

How cool is this going to be Darrell plays his last game as a skin at home against the cow$hits. Last game at RFK was against cow$hits and was a blowout. We sweep them this year, on turkey day and the last day of season.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

I don't wish it upon anyone but something tells me that Donovan McNabb and the Eagles are going to have some injury problems this time around (they were very healthy last year overall) and the Redskins/Dallas games may end up being more important than anyone now realizes. :)

Darryl Green will go out with a win against the 'boys' in his last game, it will be a classic way to go out, but hopefully it won't be his last game (if we make the playoffs).

Even though he'll leave the team, i'd be suprised if Snyder didn't bring Green back to the organization in some capacity. Maybe he'll be the Skins Defensive Backfield Coach one day.

I don't see Darrell Green coaching. He's said repeatedly that he's not interested, and I believe him. Coaches actually spend more time away from their family than the players do. I don't see Green living that lifestyle.

I think one of the main reasons for him continuing to play is to add more money to his Youth Life foundation. He's said his goal is to have $10 million in the fund so it remains self-sufficient and doesn't have to rely on donations as much. I think that will be his passion after his playing days are over.

Returning an int. for a TD would certainly be a wonderful way to go out, however.

I think this is Darrell's last year, then he goes stright to the front office in some capacity. In fact, I'll bet he and THE DANNY have already discussed the position etc.

It would be a fine move for all involved -- Darrell and his family, the organization, and the fans.

Of course I'd like to see him keep playing, if he is able and can compete.

Speaking of Darrell's last game, I have a question for you memorabilia collectors out there. I have a signed picture of Darrell Green saying "To Ryan, on the day of my last game: 1/6/02". It was before his announcement to come back, and that is the day of my birthday. I was wondering if that would be worth anything, other than sentimental value.

I'd consider it priceless like a Ripken pic would be to the O's fans.

I dont see Darrell Green becoming a coach (maybe DB consultant?) but more of PR/community guy upstairs for the skins.

It would be great to have the skins and cowpokes in the playoffs with them facing each other at FedEx

Killa, from what I have seen, oddities tend to pay a little bit more. Bring it to Canton in a few years, and it could pay for a fair part of the trip.

I think Darrell may play after this season. I think it will come down to how the team fares this year.

Archived