Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gran Turismo 4

cfujskins

Yo, I stood inside the game store for over an hour on the night before its official realease (They were staying open late and letting the people who pre-ordered pick them up early. There were about 50 peops inside too.). Needless to say that I have been addicted to this game for the past couple of hours. SO MANY IMPROVEMENTS over A-Spec. Animated humans, WAYYY more cars. Hell, you can even put WINGS ON THE CARS. Well I'm off to bed. I can't wait till my class is over (which starts in 7 hours, BTW) so I can get back to playing! THIS GAME IS A MUST HAVE!

My roommate just bought it (he raided like 8 game stores and finally got the last copy at one of them.) Every minute that he's in the room he's parked in front of the TV. I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to it, but he showed me they have a '69 Camaro Z28 in there which almost made me want to play.

I got it the night it came out. I've had my preorder for a couple weeks, and I've been waiting for the game since I got finished with GT3. This new one is awesome. My only complaint is that it's not as streamlined and consolidated as GT3, but I guess that's what you get with all the new features.

Originally posted by afkidd

welcome to 8 years ago. that weak option has been in car games for a long time now. finally gt picked up on some kind of exterior mods.

I think they did it just as a joke to make fun of people who put stupid aluminum wings on their cars because they think they're cool. The caption when you hover over the menu item is something like this:

WINGS! They make your car look totally awesome! Oh, and if you know what you're doing they can help improve downforce and stuff too!

Originally posted by afkidd

welcome to 8 years ago. that weak option has been in car games for a long time now. finally gt picked up on some kind of exterior mods.

They havent added them ecause thats not what the game is about.....if you want that stuff purchase need for speed underground....

Also you used to be able to do semi exterior mods in the very first one when you could buy the very last mod for the car that gve it a whole new paint job and basically made it like a lemans type car.

Anyways....this game is so badass...the graphics kick ass, and the gameplay and physics of the cars are awesome!!

Originally posted by skinzfan4life

Anyways....this game is so badass...the graphics kick ass, and the gameplay and physics of the cars are awesome!!

Yeah the fact that it supports High-Def is pretty cool. If you think it looks good normally, check out the road surfaces in 1080i if you can.

Originally posted by dfitzo53

I just messed around with it tonight, it's my first GT game. Seems pretty cool, but I don't like the way the tach is displayed in the 3rd person chase cam, is there any way to change that?

I love the coffee breaks.

I kinda don't like the coffee breaks:doh: Oh, and I'm stuck on like one of the last tests in the S license:doh:

I started out with a prelude v-tech. I won like 8 cars with it. Since you can transfer licneses and cash from a GT3 save on your memory card, I then transferred about 50K from my GT3 and and sold my prelude (I got it up to like 260 hp) and purchased my '00 Camaro SS. I then used the remainder of the cash to supercharge it and stuff. I got some nitrous on it too. Don't let the HP ratings on the Nitrous fool you because it says that it doesnt increase HP, but boy does it help.

But man, they went all into detail in this game. You even have to watch your fuel level now. Well, I guess Ill get back to my driving missions. Ta ta!

Archived