Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Mark Maske: Coles Situation Testing Redskins' Salary Cap

bubba9497

Thank God for Mark Maske. Until I read that, I had no clue how this was all going to work out. I still have no clue WHETHER it's going work out, but I at least have a better idea now of what is going on. My only confusion is this: Why would any team want to compensate us if we release him later on down the road & they can pick him up for way less money, players, &/or draft picks? If they don't have to go thru the trading process & can just pick him up in the open market without having to pay an extra $5 million, offer up a draft pick or 2, & trade a player for him, wouldn't that make more sense for the other teams? Especially since Coles has an apparent attitude problem now & a consistant toe injury that he obviously refuses to take care of. Someone please explain this angle to me. Maybe I have it all wrong. And what's the next step IF we can't trade him by March 2nd? Are they planning on outright releasing him & taking the cap hit? Must we get dinged thrice for this guy? I mean, I like Coles & all, but we lost a draft pick to start with to get him in the first place. So, someone please explain this to me.

Archived