Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Westbrook vs Stephen Davis

DrBoogerLips

Originally posted by Charlie Murphaaay

Westbrook let loose on Davis. Davis never retaliated, no heart. Especially when you call another man a homo, which is what supposedly brought on the major arse whupping Davis took. If you insult a grown man that way, you should expect a physical reaction.

If your on the SAME TEAM and are ribbing your bud, why would you "expect a physical reaction?"

That was not a fight by any stretch of the imagination. That was Westbrook just pummeling Davis without as much as a warning at all. He just suckered him from the side when he wasn't expecting it. As soon as he hit him the first time in the face, Davis just dropped and Westbrook kept tagging him in the head man. It was brutal as hell to watch. I saw that like 6 times on the news, and I specifically remember that because I was a huge Davis fan since we first drafted him from Auburn. I was extremely pissed about that **** man. What a cowardly act by Westbrook. And he's supposedly a black belt in like 2 different kinds of martial arts too isn't he? Well, that's what I heard anyway. If so, he is definitely a weak ass fool to do something like that.

Originally posted by MikeB

If your on the SAME TEAM and are ribbing your bud, why would you "expect a physical reaction?"

See that's the thing, Westbrook and Davis were not buddies, Westbrook said himself in a local interview that no one on the team was his friend....whatever really happened, Westbrook felt like he probably had to beat some ass to get his point across to show that nobody his gonna test his manhood.

Originally posted by kappaluvacee

Strange that's the story you got on that fight. I was watching fox sports some days following that fight and one of the Redskins that was on that team commented that the fight was regarding blocking assignments. The story was:

Westbrook was not holding his blocks for Stephen's runs and everyone on offense knew it, so when they were working on the reverse play Stephen supposedly stepped the wrong way on the play action allowing the DE to run straight into Westbrook. When Westbrook got up and asked Stephen what the problem was, Stephen told him he blocks like he does and that's when the punches flew. I'm not stating this as fact because I wasn't there, but I remember this being a barbershop conversation piece and we were talking about the Fox interview. I'm thinking the player was a WR. It was either Connell or Thrash. I really can't remember now.

Kappa,

Maybe the story you heard has truth to it. However, I have a hard time buying that Westy went into a rage over an argument over blocking assignments. Just remembering Westbrooks attitude on the field, he'd probably blow that off, because he probably didn't give a damn anyhow.

Something sparked his emotion enough to jump on top of Davis, swinging unmercifully. Just my observation, could be wrong, but seems like it was something much more than 'blocking assignments' that spawned Westbroke to clobber Davis in the manner he did.

I think players really didn't want the 'real' story to get out in public.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Des

It's just Charlie Murphaay weighing in with the wrong opinion again.

It's what he does.

I am not going to sucker punch someone because they call me homo. Especially with the way guys joke(or even half-joke) with that term. Especially punching someone around the head and face, that's not cool.

When did I say that I "supported what Westbrook did"? There are just certain things you do in life that may bring about certain reactions from people. The "no heart" comment was a joke, as any retaliation after the fact would have just poured more gasoline on the fire.

Funny that you describe my opinion(s) as wrong, based on what you would do in a situation. You're reaction to that situation is an ideal one, but it doesn't reflect reality. I've seen fights happen spontaneously after guys manhood have been called into question, in a serious manner. So, what you would do, has no signifigance. It all depends on the individual and their outlook on being called a homosexual when tempers are flaring. For some men, that's the greatest insult in the world. Fights break out over much less than that.

There is a difference between a friend joking or half-joking calling another friend a homo. It's not that big of a deal. However, when you're called that by a guy you really don't like at all, or have extreme dislike for, openly or hidden, there is a major difference. This can escalate if a guy is called this around other men, when embarrasment becomes a factor.

Punching a guy in the face/head or anywhere for that matter isn't cool. Fighting is cool at all. Peaceful reasoning is always the best option.

You have a very naive opinion if you feel things happen in accordance with how you would react in a situation.

:2cents:

Originally posted by Charlie Murphaaay

Kappa,

Maybe the story you heard has truth to it. However, I have a hard time buying that Westy went into a rage over an argument over blocking assignments. Just remembering Westbrooks attitude on the field, he'd probably blow that off, because he probably didn't give a damn anyhow.

Something sparked his emotion enough to jump on top of Davis, swinging unmercifully. Just my observation, could be wrong, but seems like it was something much more than 'blocking assignments' that spawned Westbroke to clobber Davis in the manner he did.

But you think that being called a "homo" is enough to send someone into a blind rage like that? :doh:

Maybe you're right. I do believe that we, as fans, will probably never know the truth as to what really went down. But then, since you never seem to have any back up for your opinions, maybe you're not.

Archived