Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ticket Advice

thito_da_skins_fan

So, I wake up this morning and find a ticket on my windshield. The ticket: $100 citation for expired/failure to display county sticker.

Only thing is.. I have my 2005 county sticker. I've had it for 5 months. My dumbass couldn't get the 2004 sticker off one day and I was in a hurry, so I put the 2005 sticker in the glove compartment. I figured I'd have the old sticker taken off when I needed service done to my car or if I ever got pulled over, I'd just show 'em the sticker, whichever came first.

Well, I ended up getting the ticket as I was sleeping. I called the Treasury and records show I purchased my county sticker 5 months ago. If I don't pay the citation, I'll receive another court summons :doh: and be forced to explain myself.

Does anyone know if/how I can get out of this? I don't want to pay $100.

a co-worker of mine had the same thing happend to her. she went to the court with all of her documents showing that everything was paid at the time of the ticket and she simpely told the judge she had forgot to put it on.. and the judge dissmissed the case..

You know what I do (I can never get those *$(&$@ stickers off either). I just put the 2005 one on the other side of my inspection ticker and have both of them on there until I get my oil changed and have them take it off for me. I commute from F'Burg to Tysons Corner every day so I am getting oil changes every other month! :puke:

Sorry to hear about the ticket. That just plain stinks!

Annie the Skins Fan

:D

Originally posted by RDSCNZ20

a co-worker of mine had the same thing happend to her. she went to the court with all of her documents showing that everything was paid at the time of the ticket and she simpely told the judge she had forgot to put it on.. and the judge dissmissed the case..

That was the answer I was looking for. :)

I'm 22, soon-to-be 23 years old. $100 to me is a lot right now. If I can get it dismissed, it's worth it.

Originally posted by thito_da_skins_fan

That was the answer I was looking for. :)

I'm 22, soon-to-be 23 years old. $100 to me is a lot right now. If I can get it dismissed, it's worth it.

I just did the same same thing with a dead inspection sticker...

I got pulled over in Vienna...went to get my inspection the next day.....

I had court last Monday..and before I even got to show them documentation...the judge asked if I had taken care of it...and then dropped it...

Just in case though......wear something warm to court...like a long sleeve undershirt.....cuz it's cold in the holding tank:D

Originally posted by joe

get yourself a court date. You will have to pay court costs for your laziness, but it will be less than the 100 bucks.

Just don't ignore it, it will only get worse. and DONT MISS YOUR COURT DATE

The officer issues a summons 30 days after the ticket has been issued, IF it hasn't been paid.

So, I just wait and receive the summons.

I don't think there will be court costs if it gets dismissed, will there? I've been to court before, and never had to pay anything when the case got dismissed.

Call the treasury department and tell them you have the sticker. You can even tell them it was on your dashboard but who ever wrote you the ticket did not see. A lot of times they will drop it with out going to court. I have gotten two of things.

1. I just bought the car a day before so they dropped it

2. My car was still registered to SC since I just moved here so they dropped it

I would try calling first esp since they come around with a flashlight and always miss stuff.

Originally posted by Huly

Call the treasury department and tell them you have the sticker. You can even tell them it was on your dashboard but who ever wrote you the ticket did not see. A lot of times they will drop it with out going to court. I have gotten two of things.

1. I just bought the car a day before so they dropped it

2. My car was still registered to SC since I just moved here so they dropped it

I would try calling first esp since they come around with a flashlight and always miss stuff.

I called them this morning. They told me I'd still have to go to court, but the Treasury will appear with my records showing I purchased the sticker 5 months ago. The judge will decide from there.

Thito, I would normally say screw it and just pay the ticket, but since you have documentation that you paid for it 5 months ago I would fight it...and like others have mentioned you never know what kind of judge you will get they might just throw the case out cause your a diehard Skins fan ;)

Originally posted by Bugs'

Thito, I would normally say screw it and just pay the ticket, but since you have documentation that you paid for it 5 months ago I would fight it...and like others have mentioned you never know what kind of judge you will get they might just throw the case out cause your a diehard Skins fan ;)

Maybe I'll wear my Portis jersey to court.

Or better, maybe just a Redskins shirt. :laugh:

Thito, first put your sticker on, second don't wait for the summons. Call the court and see what you can do. Wost case go to court show your stuff and they will dismiss your case. I got pulled over for no front plate. Went to court showed that I got a front plate and the case was drop. This stuff happens all the time. Don't worry I don't even think you will pay court cost.

Originally posted by gibby56

Thito, first put your sticker on, second don't wait for the summons. Call the court and see what you can do. Wost case go to court show your stuff and they will dismiss your case. I got pulled over for no front plate. Went to court showed that I got a front plate and the case was drop. This stuff happens all the time. Don't worry I don't even think you will pay court cost.

I called the Treasury this morning. They told me I had to wait for the summons. Who else would I call?

Originally posted by thito_da_skins_fan

Maybe I'll wear my Portis jersey to court.

Or better, maybe just a Redskins shirt. :laugh:

Portis is too controversial...I bet if you walk in with a Shuler uniform they will take such pity on you they will give you money!

Here in York County, VA they have done away with the county/city decals. You still have to pay, but no more

decals. I believe Va Beach also did away with them.

Dustin...next time you get a ticket for expired sticker, tell

them you've been out of town and have an appointment

to have the car inspected. I've maintained my VA State

Inspection License just in case I get into a situation like

yours.

Archived