Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Too Far

MaddogCT

Originally posted by Destino

How do you know what they are going to do about those that don't submit? Did they say? No. You assume they'll just be noted for the sake of it. They could just as easily have it planed to do a full check on everyone that refuses.

The one thing we do know is if they were planning on taking it far, they wouldn't tell the media. So I'd rather avoid the hornets nest all together then trust the goverment.

They could be doing that, they might not be doing that. Im not certain eiother way, and neitehr are you. But the article says they will be noted. Dont you expect that?

Romeo, they need a search warrant to search without your permission. In this case, the police are asking people to submit, those people have the right to refuse. This is NOT a case of forced submission.

Originally posted by Jackson's Ward

So much for innocent until proven guilty.

This sounds like guilty or under suspicion until you take the test!

Indefinite detentions, propaganda in the media, loss of civil rights. This country is not the same it once was.

According to the "bill Frist" thread, you may qualify for reinbursment of treatment for your condition.

Hey don't turn away a free deal!!!

:laugh:

Originally posted by Kilmer17

These people are not guilty of anything, nor are they under suspicion.

Please stop making up false endings.

You are making flase statements Kilmer. You have no idea at all if they would be under suspicion at all. I believe that the threat is implied, which is very reasonable given the circumstance. You however are making statements that police force in question could have made but didn't.

Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

According to the "bill Frist" thread, you may qualify for reinbursment of treatment for your condition.

Hey don't turn away a free deal!!!

:laugh:

Distrust of government used to be a conservative thing. Too bad they sold out.

Des, neither do you. We can look at any person in the country and say "Gosh, he might be a suspect in something, how dare the police do that."

It's a Logic problem my 101 professor explained the first day of class. You are creating a false premise and then asking me to prove it's not true.

Show me where these people are having their rights violated, and I'll join you in your outrage.

EX- I loathe the law that says failure to submit to a breathalizer is an admission of guilt.

Originally posted by Destino

Distrust of government used to be a conservative thing. Too bad they sold out.

Legitimate distrust still is. Tin foil hat theories are fun to play with, but if we live the way of constantly suspicious of something that hasnt proven to be a danger, then we will all be insane!!

If there was an actual problem that resulted from the blanket DNA testing then I would be first in line to protest. I've just got more to be concerned with than "potential for abuse"

Seriously, there would be a huge outcry if any real civil rights abuses occur. It simply isnt happenning on a mass scale from a historical standpoint.

I really don't mind virtually any tactic that takes a real criminal off the streets.

Again, until abuse is shown, why can't we see how things work out? What is the danger or true risk as compared with actual events?

Archived