Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we lose Smoot

pr11fan

As I said in another thread.. Drafting a CB or a WR would not be anywhere near what I would like to see...

However...

That said, I wouldn't leap off the deep end if we took Carlos Rogers.

Rogers could replace Smoot in the "Finesse" role on this defense and Springs could continue in the "Dirty Work" role. If we draft Rolle he would have to be the "Dirty Work" corner and Springs would have to shift to more of a finesse.

Is it impossible for Springs to succeed in that role? No... But I don't think you should mess with a good thing in that situation.

Although I suppose roles could be switched from play to play...

But even as a Canes fan... I still say Rogers... He's a better cover man.

I didn't see Rogers as a finese corner tonight, he looked like he was popping Tech players, in particular he dumped randall on his head near the goal line in the 2nd half. Ideally I don't want a corner in the 1st but if Smoot leaves I wouldn't be heartbroken if it happened.

Originally posted by pr11fan

I didn't see Rogers as a finese corner tonight, he looked like he was popping Tech players, in particular he dumped randall on his head near the goal line in the 2nd half. Ideally I don't want a corner in the 1st but if Smoot leaves I wouldn't be heartbroken if it happened.

I'm not saying he IS a finesse corner... but he fits that mold more than Rolle does.

Rogers IS a cover guy... Rolle is an aggressive, smash you in the mouth and beat your mother with a stick type of corner... Rolle is just as aggressive as Taylor... Not sure we need any more of that... I love ST, but having two guys like that is more than I could handle :)

Originally posted by Skins4SB

I'm really not sold on this guy. I think Rolle would make the better pro..

Rolle grabs too much to be a solid pro corner. I could be wrong though. He projects as more of a safety. Think Mike Rumph with more speed.

And the Skins can trade down to 15-20 and still get Rodgers.

Originally posted by Akhhorus

Rolle grabs too much to be a solid pro corner. I could be wrong though. He projects as more of a safety. Think Mike Rumph with more speed.

I wouldn't say he won't be a solid pro corner. He will be. I just don't think he fits the mold of what WE need.

Archived