Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steelers Are Best Team

bulldog

yeah, I know. picking a team with a rookie qb in the playoffs is dicey, but really the Steelers have been the best team in the NFL this season to date. this team has won without Staley and Burress for long stretches, without Kendrell Bell and even on Sunday against a competitive Buffalo team with its second team on the field :)

I like NE because they play smart as a team and are well-coached and Indy has Mr. Quarterback.

But in the end the Steel Curtain looks like it may be in position to take home trophy #5 and tie the 49ers in that category.

The NFC? :laugh:

Other than the Eagles the NFC playoff teams are a collection of dogs. the #4 team in the AFC, the Chargers, would probably clock any of them.

The Eagles unfortunately seemed to be playing their best football several weeks ago and hit the high water mark against the Cowboys with 49 points.

Since then they have looked average.

Originally posted by bulldog

yeah, I know. picking a team with a rookie qb in the playoffs is dicey, but really the Steelers have been the best team in the NFL this season to date. this team has won without Staley and Burress for long stretches, without Kendrell Bell and even on Sunday against a competitive Buffalo team with its second team on the field :)

I like NE because they play smart as a team and are well-coached and Indy has Mr. Quarterback.

But in the end the Steel Curtain looks like it may be in position to take home trophy #5 and tie the 49ers in that category.

The NFC? :laugh:

Other than the Eagles the NFC playoff teams are a collection of dogs. the #4 team in the AFC, the Chargers, would probably clock any of them.

The Eagles unfortunately seemed to be playing their best football several weeks ago and hit the high water mark against the Cowboys with 49 points.

Since then they have looked average.

I cannot go against NE in the AFC. Yeah, I know Pitt beat them eariler in Ketchup Field but I still think NE is the team to beat. Don't count out the Colts though.

In the NFC, my "cinderella" team is Green Bay. They can beat Minnesota and then would play Atlanta. They can beat them too. If Philly gets past the Seahawks, then GB has a shot to beat Philly WITHOUT TO. They did it last year in Philly (4th and 26, please) and could do it again.

I would not put my money on ANYONE in ANY conference. Really is wide open.

I know most see this as flying in the face of conventional wisdom, but I like Indy to finally get it done this year. People like to talk about their defense not being good enough, but their special teams and offense generally put them in good positions. Freeney is an absolute BEAST and they have a very handsome looking TO margin (saw it earlier today, but don't recall what it was exactly).

Remember, last year the Colts had a chance to drive the field and take their game against the Pats, and they've been close in general the last 3 or 4 times they have played, including some games in New England. This year I say Manning is just too good for the opposition and the Colts get it done.

Archived