Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When you have one of those's days......

skinsfan44

.....that everything just goes wrong. It started out great. Yesterday(4/24) I went fishing on the(Chesapeake) bay. It is Rockfish(Striped Bass) season in Maryland and my father(who is a charter boat captain) had an open date so I went on down. He invited a friend of his to go that had only been fishing once before.

We started trolling around 7:20am and it was a little rough out(2+ft waves) but nothing the boat couldn't handle. About 8:30, a fish hit one of the lines. My dad's friend(Ted) grabed the rod and started to reel it in. When he had it reeled in, I grabed the leader(the line from the sinker to the lure) and pulled the Rockfish into the boat. It was 37" long(it has to be aleast 28") and we now had our first fish out of 3 we were alowed to catch.

Then about 9:15, all h#!! broke loose. We had a hit that I thought would have broken the rod. This time I grabed the rod and started to reel it in. This puppy didn't want to go for a boat ride. It toke me about 15mins to get it up to the boat. At this point my father had to deal with all the other boat traffic around us so he could not help out at the time.

So I grabed my own leader and started to pull in the fish. Man, this baby was a big one. I finaly got it up by the side of the boat and got to see it for the first time. The state record for a Rockfish is I think 68" and this puppy looked like it was his brother. No lie. Then Ted grabed the net to help me get the fish in the boat and he went to net it and when he did he got the fish in the net but at the same time knocked the lure out of his mouth.

Then he tried to lift the fish in the boat before I could help him and I guess the fish wieghed to much for him to handle and he dropped the fish still in the net overboard.

I have a 43" Rockfish that I had mounted and it hangs in my family room. This fish made it look like a tadpole. So as to say that pretty much ended our day of fishing. But this is only the first part of my day from h#!!

So after we get back in and everything is done with the one fish and the boat, I go and drive home. Not very happy in just what had happen, I desided to stop at a bar and drink a beer. No I did not get drunk but had some time to think. Then I get back into my pick-up and drive the rest of the way home.

About 8 miles from home my tru ck(1987 Chevy 4x4 Pick-Up with 270,000 miles on it) stared to cough, spit and sputter. Then oil stared to fly everywhere. I did get it home and when I was about to turn it off, BOOM, the moter blue. I got out and their was oil all over my drive way, leading out the driveway all the way down my street.

It is going to cost more to put a new moter in it then it is worth. Man, I love this truck but it looks like I am going to have to buy a new one. So, that in a nutshell was my day from h#!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes you are right Brave, I did get to go fishing and yes I went out and bought me a new truck. Of coarse at the time all this was happening, it wasn't very much fun but that is life.

I bought a 2002 Chevy S-10 Extended Cab 4x4 ZR2 Pick-Up. It is black with gray cloth interior(yes I know it is Raider colors). I wanted to get another full size Chevy 4x4 pick-up(I guess you know by now that I am a Chevy guy) but the gas mileage is like 14 to 17 mpg and my 1987 got like 10 to 12 mpg so their wasn't much differense between them.

So I got the S-10 which get's 19 to 23 mpg. With $1.50+ a gal. for gas these day's, it was a no brainer. It is fully loaded with a CD player and after driving my 87' all these years it was a big shock driving this 2002. They have come a long way with pick-up's. This thing drive's like a Cadaliac(you know what I mean) compared to my 87'. Back in 1983 I bought an S-10 Pick-Up and it was the first year it came in a 4x4 so I have that to compare to it too.

Yes Om, their are 3 things in this world that I am thankful for and that is;

That I was born American

That I was born Southern

That I am NOT a Dallas Cowboy fan.

Also have you herd the turm:

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god.

That is also how I feel. Allright, before you say it, enough with the redneck jokes. :nono:

Archived