Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey's stats as a starter

goldenster95

Overall, considering Patrick's overall play this season, how Patrick had to be de-systemized from the Spurrier offense, and how he didn't get into games until so late into the season, I think it is easy to understand why so many of us were scratching our heads when Mark Brunell was signed to such a large contract.

I think he has done enough to prove that the quarterback position in Washington will finally be solidified for years to come.

Congratulations on the season Patrick, and thanks for being a true professional in every sense of the imagination.

Originally posted by Rejuvenated Canadian Hog

Overall, considering Patrick's overall play this season, how Patrick had to be de-systemized from the Spurrier offense, and how he didn't get into games until so late into the season, I think it is easy to understand why so many of us were scratching our heads when Mark Brunell was signed to such a large contract.

I think he has done enough to prove that the quarterback position in Washington will finally be solidified for years to come.

Congratulations on the season Patrick, and thanks for being a true professional in every sense of the imagination.

:cheers:

What I find amusing is that there are enough people on this board that expect Ramsey to put up Steve Young numbers after just a few starts or else they consider him a lost cause.

It took Phil Simms 4 years in NY to solidify the starting QB job. Joe Theismann was in Washington as a backup for 4 years before he even got the chance to play regularly.

Things have changed enough recently with the cap and free agency that younger guys are getting on the field faster, but that doesn't mean the growing pains are any less gut-wrenching.

David Carr has had far more reps than Ramsey as has Joey Harrington.

In fact I can't think of a #1 choice qb that has gotten LESS time on the field the past 3-4 years than Ramsey (ie guys drafted in 2000 or 2001 and playing now).

Kyle Boller has gotten a LOT more time on the field in 2003 and 2004 than Ramsey despite showing LESS overall talent and ability.

The first lesson Gibbs had to learn here is that in more than one case the Redskins already had some guys with talent and there wasn't a need to go out and sign a bevy of players before we had the chance to re-evaluate guys that weren't put in position to be successful by Steve Spurrier :)

Ditto on the defensive side where guys like Pierce and Lott languished on the bench behind players that were less productive.

I still feel Ramsey makes some boneheaded decisions. Other than that, I hope he is here to stay. He definitely has some accuracy problems, but overall, todays game proved we can still throw downfield and whatnot, and have capable receivers. Hail Taylor Jacobs. Anyways, the question is always if Ramsey had started, we'd be in the playoffs.

Archived