Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A great example of team football

afparent

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but I find it interesting that the skins can play this well with certain players out of the game. Gibbs has long been known to get the most out of average players and this was another example. I don't know if an unheralded player is more likely to play within the team concept or what but there has to be something to this.

man, I think this kinda will make us not want to re-sign Smoot, but Pierce prolly.

This game was seriously something that needs to happen more often next season. The Giants, Rams, and 49ers games shows the true talent of our team, but I think especially this game!!!

Originally posted by Mr. S

This game was seriously something that needs to happen more often next season. The Giants, Rams, and 49ers games shows the true talent of our team, but I think especially this game!!!

The common denominator with those four teams is they have horrible defenses. They seem to be the only teams we can score points on this year. We match up well with teams with bad defenses.

Don't let this game fool you, our offense still needs plenty of work to compete next year.

Originally posted by Mr. S

man, I think this kinda will make us not want to re-sign Smoot, but Pierce prolly.

i didnt know we played the rams beside in preseason if thats what your talking about

Originally posted by mookie0720

All those teams you mentioned suck. That's why we looked so good against them. Look at what we did against the good competition to see how ready we are for competing next year.

The vikings have a good offense. We had daniesl, arrington, smoot, and for some of the game springs out.

All those teams you mentioned suck. That's why we looked so good against them. Look at what we did against the good competition to see how ready we are for competing next year.

Ok.

@ Philly - leading 7-6 at halftime. Go into the fourth quarter down 14-6 with a chance early in the quarter to tie the game down in the redzone. After failing to score, the life is subsequently sucked out of the defense.

Philly - down 17-14 very late in the fourth quarter, putting together a nice drive. Have a first down at the Philly 27 yard line before getting greedy and going for the kill. Subsequently throw an ill-advised INT in the endzone. Additionally, while I'm not one to usually bark at refs, they call a very bad pass interference call in the endzone on Shawn Springs that sets up an easy Philly TD.

@ Pittsburgh - lose 16-7 to a team that apparently was supposed to embarrass us on their home field. Special teams lets us down in this one and gives Pittsburgh some excellent starting position on their scoring drives. Rothlisberger throws 9 completions.

Green Bay - have a rough first half and surrender 17 points. The defense bears down in the second half, Clinton Portis scores what should have been the winning touchdown, and we get robbed of a win on a bad illegal motion penalty call on James Thrash.

That's four games against teams who are going to the playoffs where we held our own. Notice how in three of those games we had virtually zero offensive production, yet still almost found a way to win. The fact that we can move the ball against poor teams proves that what we are doing can work in this league. Afterall, every player who is in this league is a professional right? It's not like we are moving the ball against teams composed of high-schoolers.

Anybody who tries telling me that we aren't leaps and bounds ahead of where we were with Spurrier makes me laugh. This team HAS progressed. And for those people who only find value in "numbers" and win-loss records, I'm glad we achieved one more win with Coach Gibbs than we did with Mr. College Football.

We should be thankful that this team is in the hands of Joe Gibbs. Finally, there is legitimacy in looking forward to "next-season", because you can bet your bottom dollar that Joe will correct the offensive woes and shore up the offensive line.

Archived