Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Braylon Edwards

varvar

i like edwards too, he reminds me of chad johnson. Fast but has more power than he looks and great hands. But id still prefer williams. He's just so big and make unbeleivable catches. Rod gardner can't even make a simple catch. Imagine how much of an upgrade williams would be over gardner. It would actually make teams respect our passing game. Which i didnt see all year.

KevinMac

You act like a top program in the Rose Bowl was just "letting" Braylon Edwards, the best WR in the nation, get open for passes.

Edwards is a better prospect than Terrell was because his attitude is better, he improved this year and he carries his team in a way that Williams never did.

Honestly, we talk about Gardner's drops but is it the drops or is it WHEN he drops passes that is the issue.

There was this dude named Gary Clark that would drop passes, he ended up being pretty good.

Edwards is much more dynamic than Williams.

i havent seen this on this site yet but if we have to let Fred Smoot go what about the corner from Miami Antrel Rolle. i would think a corner needs to be a priority if we cant keep Fred. What do you guys and gals think of that. :helmet: :point2sky

Originally posted by hctrble

i havent seen this on this site yet but if we have to let Fred Smoot go what about the corner from Miami Antrel Rolle. i would think a corner needs to be a priority if we cant keep Fred. What do you guys and gals think of that. :helmet: :point2sky

If we can't keep Smoot because of cap issues, why go out and draft a first-round, high pick, corner who will want a fat contract?

That makes zero sense.

Originally posted by Trevor

I'd take Edwards over Williams. I think Edwards is the better overall receiver. I still want to draft Kiwi, but if not I'd be very happy with Edwards.

Kiwi is a big project.

And how come you are a Boston-everything fan except the Celtics?

What's with the no-love for that sorry franchise? :laugh:

Originally posted by BIGGS_DADDY

Names please.

Antrell Rolle

Pacman Jones

Justin Miller

Corey Webster

Arguably Jimmy Williams, Carlos Roger (better tackler, as good in coverage).

That isn't how I rate them as college players, but I think these guys are going to be better NFL players. Football.com agrees, at least in terms of rankings.

nfldraftcountdown.com has them ranked this way.

1. Antrel Rolle, Miami (FL)

2. Justin Miller, Clemson *

3. Corey Webster, L.S.U.

4. Marlin Jackson, Michigan

5. Pac-Man Jones, West Virginia *

6. Carlos Rogers, Auburn

7. Bryant McFadden, Florida St.

8. Antonio Perkins, Oklahoma

9. Ronald Bartell, Howard

10. Eric Green, Virginia Tech

Originally posted by BIGGS_DADDY

nfldraftcountdown.com has them ranked this way.

1. Antrel Rolle, Miami (FL)

2. Justin Miller, Clemson *

3. Corey Webster, L.S.U.

4. Marlin Jackson, Michigan

5. Pac-Man Jones, West Virginia *

6. Carlos Rogers, Auburn

7. Bryant McFadden, Florida St.

8. Antonio Perkins, Oklahoma

9. Ronald Bartell, Howard

10. Eric Green, Virginia Tech

That just shows they agree with me.

Jackson is good but not legitimately a top 15/20 pick, and barely a first rounder depending on how many teams are after a corner.

And Jones' stock should rise from workouts, I see him having some good ones. All the razzle-dazzle about him may help his draft status. Punt returning etc should bode well for him.

A healthy coles and jacobs should be just fine. I like edwards but we should give jacobs a shot. He has enough speed to be a deep threat in case coles is not 100% next season. He is also big enough 6 feet 210 lbs to go over the middle for the tough catch. Rolle seems to be too much of a contact corner with the new rule changes to invest in. We should invest in a good pass rusher and a center. :)

Archived