Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If I wasn't so freaking stubborn.

pr11fan

Originally posted by pr11fan

Call me crazy but I need to vent, and this seems like a more constructive way than putting a hole in my wall.

you know what I do? I take my shotgun and assault rifle to the range and fire at targets. Too bad those cut outs of Brunell I made are irrelevant now... I have to find a new scapegoat...

I think Gibbs is talking about this when he says: "he's looking for the core redskins" and "looking for the ones still playing like we're going the playoffs". Give the man some time, he inheired a mixed roster and lost some of his best players to injury.

A big problem though is b/c we are so tight against the cap and have so much invested in players that aren't performing, it's going to be hard to get of alot the guys who really shouldn't be core Gibbs guys but will have to be.

you know what I do? I take my shotgun and assault rifle to the range and fire at targets. Too bad those cut outs of Brunell I made are irrelevant now... I have to find a new scapegoat...

Thankfully I don't own a gun yet, or I might now be posting right now.......

Originally posted by Park City Skins

keep in mind, that though sometimes it may 'seem" as though the love is one sided, it usually isn't. We're just too busy fixing on our own hurt to see how hard the other "part" fo the relationship is trying.

I just don't see it, what I see, and I could be wrong here is it seems like every time we play Dallas they are flying to the ball faster, blocking and running harder, they get alot of breaks cause they leave nothing on the line against us and create them, we seem to think if we show up and treat it like any other game that's enough. and it's simply not.

A big problem though is b/c we are so tight against the cap and have so much invested in players that aren't performing, it's going to be hard to get of alot the guys who really shouldn't be core Gibbs guys but will have to be.

Thankfully I don't own a gun yet, or I might now be posting right now.......

well, we aren't in that bad a cap situation. Resolve Chris Samuels and resign Smoot and Pierce and the skins have enough for two moderately priced FAs or one high priced one. Gibbs wont go amuck and sign 7 people. The skins arent outmatched and getting blown out, they are a player away. If the skins had Jansen, Arrington and Bowen for the entire year probably they are 9-6 right now. If Ramsey was starting from day one without those players, they are around 7-8 right now. So next year, they'll get back all of those guys(hopefully stay healthy) and add a high draft pick(or trade down and get multiple talent). They'll be fine

And happiness is a warm gun.

Originally posted by Akhhorus

well, we aren't in that bad a cap situation. Resolve Chris Samuels and resign Smoot and Pierce and the skins have enough for two moderately priced FAs or one high priced one. Gibbs wont go amuck and sign 7 people. The skins arent outmatched and getting blown out, they are a player away. If the skins had Jansen, Arrington and Bowen for the entire year probably they are 9-6 right now. If Ramsey was starting from day one without those players, they are around 7-8 right now. So next year, they'll get back all of those guys(hopefully stay healthy) and add a high draft pick(or trade down and get multiple talent). They'll be fine

And happiness is a warm gun.

I hope you are right, but I'm not setting the bar high this year, it just hurts too damn much.

I just don't see it, what I see, and I could be wrong here is it seems like every time we play Dallas they are flying to the ball faster, blocking and running harder, they get alot of breaks cause they leave nothing on the line against us and create them, we seem to think if we show up and treat it like any other game that's enough. and it's simply not.

You are wrong. How many times over the course of this streak, or how about the series, (I've been watching it for a while now), has it ocme to that "one" play? That "one" call? That alone says you may want to reconsider things.

Originally posted by skinsnatsfan

Actually, I think you missed the point of my post. Not really a big deal. I clearly understood that he will continue to follow the Redskins. Again, in my opinion, that would make him a fan, not stubborn, or hard core.

I read your second sentence to mean that you didn't think he was a real fan. If that is not the case, my apologies. (Me = :dunce: )

It's just a pet peeve of mine. It just seems every week someone is telling someone else that they are not a real fan, and so forth. I was a little quick to the trigger. Again, sorry and :cheers:.

You are wrong. How many times over the course of this streak, or how about the series, (I've been watching it for a while now), has it ocme to that "one" play? That "one" call? That alone says you may want to reconsider things.

Yet they always get that "one" call. call it whatever you want, but the bottom line is it SUCKS!!

I hope you are right, but I'm not setting the bar high this year, it just hurts too damn much.

I just accept things for what they are and hope for next year.

Losing Jansen and Arrington killed our season before it began. Thats two of our best five players, and they were key people at key positions. Tom Boswell is 100% right when he says that if you want to know why the skins are struggling, look at the fact that from the projected starting lineup in August, the skins have 8 different starters. Getting them back at 100% is like getting two free blue chip free agents. Keep in mind that this is a young team, and the one thing that Gibbs has added, that NO-ONE really added in the years since he left is playmakers. Portis, Marcus Washington, Sean Taylor, Cooley, Griffin, Shawn Springs. Redskins' regimes have been adding talented players or physical specimens, but only Gibbs has added the number of "playmakers" he has to this team. He'll find a few more in this offseason. Maybe Mike Williams? Maybe Braylon Edwards? Maybe Mike Munoz? David Pollack? Marcus Spears? etc etc etc.

I did see that drive in the players today though... i have been replaying the game and the defense was pumped the whole time... i think they just relaxed too much on the last drive.. the offense was struggling but they still were pumped up for the game... coles was gettin first downs and pointing... and ramsey looked just as pumped and as poised as every... so i think the drive was there and the intensity was there we just relaxed too much on the last drive.... and we didnt stick to our game plan defensively... we should have blitzed the hell out of testeverde... we sacked him like 10 times before this drive... but either way i am pretty confident that the players are hurting after this game as much as the fans are....and that gives me hope for next year...

Archived