Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defense

Golgo-13

Hightlighted difference in this:

Indianapolis and St. Louis both had quick strike offenses from anywhere on the field, with St. Louis being better in the WR area and getting more points.

Difference: The Colts suffered, because when the quick strike happened for them, they put a bad defense back on the field, who gave up more points. Add to this, the Colts had their share of turnovers like everyone else, but each one was magnified with their lack of defense.

Result: Colts missed the playoffs, while losing Edgerrin James for the most part, and had one of the worst defenses in the league.

For St. Louis, the defense was better than the year before, with more speed. So a quick strike meant eventually, they'd have the ball back for a heavy volume possession game and kept their pace, to win the conference to go back to the SB.

The Skins defense is far better right now, than last year and the offense is better suited for a style, though new, should work with the current personnel. There were more additions that made up for each player that left. Even Westbrook, if he's not coming back, is at least replaced by one or two WR's, that IMO were already on the roster, in the first place. Everyone doesn't have to play like him, to replace him.

Ralph,

Fear not my lad. While I am frequently amused, and always saddened, to see others express "difficulty" staying focused or being capable of reading more than a sentence or two, it is a stain upoin the man incapable of such basic skills, and not those blessed with the ability to speak on any level of topics in outstanding detail while still not having a loose word or phrase possible of removal. :)

ok to sum it up:

Defensive statistics can lie as to the relative strength of the unit. This is Illustrated in Last year's rankings for the 'Pokes AND us.

The pokes were so bad on offense last year most teams were running out the clock in the third quarter.

WE had such an anemic Offense that our Defense (in the first few games) spent an INORDINATE amount of time on the field. SO, when they O sorta got it going ,LO, the defensive statistics got better (as it should have).

MY fear here is that the "growing pains" of another new Offense (and rookie QB-bank on it) will put another strain on our defense (who ALSO has a new coord and philosophy).

AS for the pokes, as long as Quincy is the QB down there the Offense will be a liability (remember they CRIED when Tony Banks was released by Jerrah) Hence more of the same, running out the clock in the third quarter form the opposition.

guess my post ran sort of long too .....

damn that coffee

Wow ... for a Redskins forum, you guys are pretty fixated with the Dallas Cowboys. I'm flattered. :notworthy

You guys are giving alot of emphasis on a team which you think will finish at the bottom of the barrel ... or perhaps, deep down, you know the tide is turning. :pint:

Admit it, you were awed and dumbstruck by the amazingness of the Cowboy draft. Then you saw what Snyder was bringing on board, and you started losing faith. But you figured if you kept repeating the same things to yourself, you'll eventually believe it.

You're also scared silly and questioning why the Cowpukes were able to bring in former Pro Bowl FA's for a fraction of the cost the Redskins paid for their Pro Bowl acquisitions.

You're banging your heads in and arguing about how many players to cut in order to get under the cap and sign your rookies. Then you look across the room and are amazed how the hated Cowboys STILL have over $4 million left to sign FA's... incredible.

:hammer:

Ain't life grand? What's cake for one is poison for another.

:high:

Eddie

This is so rich, 9.

If I thought you'd catch the drift, I'd point out the absurdity of a Cowboys fan, posting diarrhetically on a Redskins board, poking fun at said Redskins fans for allegedly obessing about said Cowboys.

But sadly, I fear you would not. So I will not.

OM,

Come on, I'm just trying to liven up the forum. You guys are too morbid. :cool:

You need some sunshine. If it weren't for the Cowboys, who would you hate? :high:

You know, Congress is thinking of changing the nation's flag from the Star Spangled Banner to the Silver Star. How glorious would that be for our beloved nation.

America represented by America's Team. :notworthy

Brings a tear to my eye....

Eddie

0forSpurrier,

What's the topic and title of this thread? Does it have anything to do with the Cowboys. In fact, do you see any Cowboy threads on this board at all? Nope. Only where your own insecurities are present do we even notice you are around :).

You guys are giving alot of emphasis on a team which you think will finish at the bottom of the barrel ... or perhaps, deep down, you know the tide is turning.

9****sinmya$$,

DUDE!, Look at your screen name. Um, if the tides are turning....wouldn't that mean we would start winning soon? Damn cowgirls fans. What can you expect though, his brain is probably spinning out from all that snort.

Originally posted by cowboykilla

DUDE!, Look at your screen name. Um, if the tides are turning....wouldn't that mean we would start winning soon? Damn cowgirls fans. What can you expect though, his brain is probably spinning out from all that snort.

Dude??? I thought Dudes died with the 80's. Hellooo????

For some reason, you guys have an insecurity with my tag line.

It simply stands for the number of hotties I snagged last night while you were sleeping... :high:

Eddie

Actually, dudes are still around. Go to you're local high school/college campus, where the youth resides, and you'll hear it. Not as popular as those days, and its used in a slightly different context.

And, you are retarded. That last rebuttle was insufficient.

Originally posted by 9inarow

For some reason, you guys have an insecurity with my tag line.

It simply stands for the number of hotties I snagged last night while you were sleeping... :high:

Eddie

What? Are you trying to say that you only have nine fingers????

:halo:

Archived