Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Essay Contest: Why do you hate Dallas?

GrimReefa

Originally posted by HeavyHitta31

Here, let me take a look in my little black book:

Ah, there it is, "Redskins number", right beside Buffalo's and San Francisco's :laugh:

I'm just gonna go for the cheap shot and say that at least our fanbase isn't 75% bandwagoners, inbreds, or inbred bandwagoners.

;)

Originally posted by Chopper Dave

I'm just gonna go for the cheap shot and say that at least our fanbase isn't 75% bandwagoners, inbreds, or inbred bandwagoners.

;)

Yes I'll add that in, the Cowboys by far have the most bandwagon fans in the NFL. Mostly because of the marketing gripes I had above.

Most Cowboy fans have never set foot in Dallas much less the state of Texas. Most Cowboy fans are also Yankee, Laker, or Tarheel fans.

The essence of sports is rooting for the home team. But bandwagoners can't grasp it. Thanks again "Tex".

And noooo it's not because you've had our number. So has everyone else for the most part the past decade save the Giants.

For the comeback Staubach pulled on Thanskgiving day many many years ago. I think the skins were up by 14 or more. I didnt like them then, but from that point on I loved every moment that pain was administered by a skins player to a cowboy player.

How do I, a Redskins fan, hate the Cowboys? Oh, let me count the ways...

I hate their grinning baboon of an owner, their dim, loudmouthed coaches, and their haughty, criminal players. I hate their interviews. I hate their ads.

I hate the brain-dead Dallas fans, with their trash talk, their pathetically weak understanding of the game of football, and their stubborn efforts to cling to yesterday's glory. And I hate the absurd costumes in which their mothers dress them before dropping them off at Texas Stadium.

I hate the Dallas cheerleaders, with their Vaselined teeth, incomprehensible dialect, and limitless supply of clichés. I hate their cute little boots.

I hate the shameless Dallas boosters in the sports media who babble praise about the excellence of the Cowboy players, coaching staff and organization even as they are losing to some mediocre team.

I hate all the borderline calls that mysteriously go to the team that, by sheer coincidence, also helps the NFL sell the greatest number of hats, shirts and jerseys to an undiscerning public.

I hate their lame excuses. I hate their cheap shots.

I hate their moldy marketing slogan, "America's Team", and I hate the bottomless arrogance that lies behind it.

I hate their stadium, their uniforms, and their team colors. If Dallas had a marching band and a team song, I'd hate those, too.

I hate the Cowboys when they win, revile them when they lose, and despise them between games. For variety, during the off-season I loathe them.

I hated Clint Longley's Hail Mary in '74, and Roger's comeback in '79. I still hate the Dallas timekeeper who let the clock expire to keep Mark Moseley from trying that last-second field goal.

I hated them as they tiptoed up the ramp into the delirious mob at RFK in '82 while we screamed "We Want Dallas!". And I hated them as they dragged their sorry beaten butts back through the maelstrom into the same tunnel 4 hours later.

I hated losing in '91 to a Dallas team that was one game away from a perfect winless season.

I hated having to endure their Super Bowl wins in the early '90s. And I especially hated losing to them at FedEx this year with a big assist from the Dallas-friendly zebras.

But most of all, I hate having to wait until Sunday to see them blasted of the field by my beloved Redskins...

How do I, a Redskins fan, hate the Cowboys? Oh, let me count the ways...

I hate their grinning baboon of an owner, their dim, loudmouthed coaches, and their haughty, criminal players. I hate their interviews. I hate their ads.

I hate the brain-dead Dallas fans, with their trash talk, their pathetically weak understanding of the game of football, and their stubborn efforts to cling to yesterday's glory. And I hate the absurd costumes in which their mothers dress them before dropping them off at Texas Stadium.

I hate the Dallas cheerleaders, with their Vaselined teeth, incomprehensible dialect, and limitless supply of clichés. I hate their cute little boots.

I hate the shameless Dallas boosters in the sports media who babble praise about the excellence of the Cowboy players, coaching staff and organization even as they are losing to some mediocre team.

I hate all the borderline calls that mysteriously go to the team that, by sheer coincidence, also helps the NFL sell the greatest number of hats, shirts and jerseys to an undiscerning public.

I hate their lame excuses. I hate their cheap shots.

I hate their moldy marketing slogan, "America's Team", and I hate the bottomless arrogance that lies behind it.

I hate their stadium, their uniforms, and their team colors. If Dallas had a marching band and a team song, I'd hate those, too.

I hate the Cowboys when they win, revile them when they lose, and despise them between games. For variety, during the off-season I loathe them.

I hated Clint Longley's Hail Mary in '74, and Roger's comeback in '79. I still hate the Dallas timekeeper who let the clock expire to keep Mark Moseley from trying that last-second field goal.

I hated them as they tiptoed up the ramp into the delirious mob at RFK in '82 while we screamed "We Want Dallas!". And I hated them as they dragged their sorry beaten butts back through the maelstrom into the same tunnel 4 hours later.

I hated losing in '91 to a Dallas team that was one game away from a perfect winless season.

I hated having to endure their Super Bowl wins in the early '90s. And I especially hated losing to them at FedEx this year with a big assist from the Dallas-friendly zebras.

But most of all, I hate having to wait until Sunday to see them blasted of the field by my beloved Redskins...

Archived