Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

There HAVE TO BE PI CHALLENGES!

method man

Originally posted by TenaciousB15

Plus, you can't just have a "generic 10 yard penalty". If a reciever is going deep to catch an 80 yard ball, and beats the defender, he could just commit a blantant pass interference call to break up the play, and it would only cost him 10 yards instead of a td. If someone commits the penalty, it makes sense to assume the reciever would have caught the ball if he wasn't impeded. Reviewable yes, but no set yardage penalty. Beside, Springs had his arm wrapped around TO's body, then TO had his hand on Springs. There might have been offsetting, but it wasn't a bs call from the the refs perspective.

Uh, I just SAID if it was blatant it would be a spot foul.

PLEASE READ first.

Refs know when a guy is outright tackling a WR to prevent the TD and when he's merely making contact. Have the refs make a distinction like they do with facemasks.

Originally posted by Beastof theEast

I know I am wasting my time typing this, because you all think the refs hosed you on the Springs-TO call, but you are wrong. On the replay you can clearly see Springs' left arm come around TO's waist before any other contact is made. He basically grabbed him and slowed him down. The replay made it tough to see because the camera angle was from the back, not the front, but that is where the ref was and looking right at it. Once the defender interferes, it doesn't matter what TO does to fight through it. It was a good call, even though the idiots in the booth didn't bother to really look at it. I saw it on the very first replay. Instead of concentrating on TO's hands, trying looking around his waist...you'll see what I mean.

I disagree....I think it was probably a good no call..but if you throw the flag it has to be on T.O....having said that the best corners in the league sell your head turn a little more as the ball arrives...why do you ask????

because that is when the ref is going to be looking at you...the isn't watching your head untill after the ball arrives and he thinks you made contact...then he looks to see if you are looking at the reciever or turned to look at the ball...gota sell the head turn...

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

WB36

Here's an alternative(BTW it would be easy. No more difficul than determining the spot of a football)

Two classes of PI: Where it's blatant, call the spot foul. Where it's questionable it's 15. That way you don't reward the D, they are given no incentive to outright tackle the WR way downfield, but you don't penalize anyone for playing the ball.

pretty good proposal...now if the league would just adopt that and my new (proposed) overtime format, we would have the perfect sport!

Archived