Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 2005 Question

RedskinLifer

You can too in PS2. Just go to coaching startigies. Then go to depth chart, and scroll to MLB and you can put Pierce in. Actually if you ever play on line they will update your roster so that Pierce is already in, and you can put Barrow instead because Barrow has a better rating.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

You can too in PS2. Just go to coaching startigies. Then go to depth chart, and scroll to MLB and you can put Pierce in. Actually if you ever play on line they will update your roster so that Pierce is already in, and you can put Barrow instead because Barrow has a better rating.

I think he means actually change him from being an OLB to a MLB, permanently. Like you can in NCAA.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

Yes, but their ratings go way down. Especially when an OLB moves to MLB.

That's not what he meant, I don't think. Even if he's playing MLB, he's still listed as OLB.

Or for instance, Cartwright is listed as a fullback... You can put him at halfback, but he'll always be a fullback.

The ability to change actual positions is only in NCAA.

well pro bowl purposes yeah a player right now will always have the same position but in a game you put a player at any position on the field. Just go to coaching strategies and go to substitutions and then you might be able to even put arrington at TE but im not sure about that. You can definitely put pierce at MLB but his rating would go down since they have him listed as a OLB

You can change a players permanent position on Madden on the PS2. All you have to do is go into rosters and select the player, click on information, then scroll down to position and change it.

There are some limitations.. for instance you can't change an offensive lineman to a QB, but reasonable position changes are doable. This feature is pretty fun to use in franchise mode since you can have a player switch positions and try and develop them over a few years.

Originally posted by RAC

You can change a players permanent position on Madden on the PS2. All you have to do is go into rosters and select the player, click on information, then scroll down to position and change it.

There are some limitations.. for instance you can't change an offensive lineman to a QB, but reasonable position changes are doable. This feature is pretty fun to use in franchise mode since you can have a player switch positions and try and develop them over a few years.

Yep, what he said. I do it all the time with DBs.

yeh, you can change it like that. Cooley is listed as a FB, but I use him as a TE, he was rated a 69 TE, after 1 season he progressed up to 82! I also made Rock the FB and he is up to 91 now. Funny thing is, Barrow was insanely good for me in my first season, progressed a lot, just for some reason, im guessing due to age he went down when the offseason began by a point. I drafted a MLB to take over anyways.

Pierce does great at MLB in madden...at least for me.

Last night, I had Dallas backed up to their 1 yard line and using a difference defensive playbook, used a 46 D. (This is the 2005-2006 season for me), Pierce came through and sacked a play action faking Henson right in the endzone.

I saw Blue.......it was glorious!

Also, its all about subbin' in players. You can make great use of Royal, Cooley and Rock if you sub them in different packages. I think it helps all 3 with their overall ratings.

Also, if you're looking to free up some cap, Trade Rod Gardner to Pittburgh for Randel El.

Originally posted by RAC

I tried that and it didn't work. What am I doing wrong? I went to rosters - view rosters - player - information, and then the position is blacked out.

Sorry to be a novice, but I can't get it.

Originally posted by KDawg

You can't in a franchise... I'm not sure what these guys are talking about haha

It can be done in franchise as well... even during the middle of a season. About the only thing I can think of as far as why it is blocked out is that maybe you aren't able to do it if it would leave you short at a certain position.

I've never been able to do it, wtf? I tried it today to make sure...

I had 6 WR's and 4 CB's and I tried moving Devin Hester to CB and it was blacked out there as well... Also tried moving Cooley to FB because I acquired Gates in a trade... Didn't work...

Something wrong with my game, then?

I just tried on the PC version, the edit rosters, not within a franchise. I could change some, but not others. :confused: For example, I could change Barrow and Pierce to any other defensive position, but I couldn't change Marcus Washington. I could change some generic guy on the bears, but I couldn't change Urlacher. :whoknows:

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

I just tried on the PC version, the edit rosters, not within a franchise. I could change some, but not others. :confused: For example, I could change Barrow and Pierce to any other defensive position, but I couldn't change Marcus Washington. I could change some generic guy on the bears, but I couldn't change Urlacher. :whoknows:

NFL Icons?

Ok, it does have something to do with having a surplus at the position. I could edit Coles until I released a WR bringing me to the minimum. Then I couldn't edit it anymore. But, the fact that I could edit Arrington doesn't make any sense, cause I was at the min at all 3 linebacker positions. Whatever.

Archived