Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ade Jimoh

denverdan

id go with Regan Upshaw, he came offsides twice, only helping us out, wow, he finally helps out our team for once:)

Jimoh let that one long pass get through, but I dunno how many people coulda actually stopped that, our good friend Chump definitely could not.

Originally posted by denverdan

What no Ade Jimoh whippin' boy threads yet? somebody has to be the dog of the week and its not going to be Breaux.

Others candidates: Regan Upshaw and Bill Maas

I knew this was coming and as one of the few Jimoh supporters on here I was prepared.

The running into the kicker wasnt good, i'll admit that. But he did dominate his gunner several times I noticed.

And as for him getting beat, lets get this straight so nobody dogs him for that. He was on Amani Toomer, a pro bowl WR, 1 on 1 with cover zero behind him bc Taylor blitzed. Yes Toomer caught the deep pass but it was perfectly thrown and Jimoh was right there with decent coverage.

I think that fact that we allowed him to be in that situation shows a lot of what the coaches think he can do.

Jimoh is a talented kid I think people should lay off him.

Now Bill Maas, attack away that guy is a joke. I am really looking foward to next week b/c I love SNF games, we get the best group of announcers ever!

Bill Maas is my candidate. I often have to hit my mute button when he gets to be too much. I like how the older Rosen defers to him during the whole game (like, who the hell is Maas, anyway?!) Even with the Skins dominating yesterday and Maas praising them, he was still annoying as hell.

He's a genius of the obvious and seems to add nothing to the analysis of the game.

Originally posted by SKINtil8tin

Bill Maas is my candidate. I often have to hit my mute button when he gets to be too much. I like how the older Rosen defers to him during the whole game (like, who the hell is Maas, anyway?!) Even with the Skins dominating yesterday and Maas praising them, he was still annoying as hell.

He's a genius of the obvious and seems to add nothing to the analysis of the game.

Yup, i had to pull out the mute button when they called illegal contact on Smoot when it was an obvious pushoff by Toomer. And watching the replay Maas was describing it as Smoot obviously being all over Toomer all the way down the field.

He only got one mute button from me though, so he's getting better at least.

Its close, but it may be a little better than Brian Baldinger constantly explaining how much he hates the WR screen and how it doesnt work on this level, when it consistantly gets 5+ yards every time.

Bill Maas is a joke(as is Bill Maher) he is ridiculous.

You are right Sean Taylor HAS arrived

Ade Jimoh has quickness and can stay with a receiver, but has trouble playing the ball. I think he will improve. He is a bargain for an undrafted second year player. As he improves he could be a good nickel or dime.

Originally posted by Skins26

I knew this was coming and as one of the few Jimoh supporters on here I was prepared.

The running into the kicker wasnt good, i'll admit that. But he did dominate his gunner several times I noticed.

And as for him getting beat, lets get this straight so nobody dogs him for that. He was on Amani Toomer, a pro bowl WR, 1 on 1 with cover zero behind him bc Taylor blitzed. Yes Toomer caught the deep pass but it was perfectly thrown and Jimoh was right there with decent coverage.

I think that fact that we allowed him to be in that situation shows a lot of what the coaches think he can do.

Jimoh is a talented kid I think people should lay off him.

Now Bill Maas, attack away that guy is a joke. I am really looking foward to next week b/c I love SNF games, we get the best group of announcers ever!

Agreed, I've been wondering since day one why everyone is all over Jimoh.

I agree with everything you said with the exception of the SNF crew. I love Theismann because he pisses everyone who is not a skins fan off, but Paul Maguire is most annoying anouncer out there. Count how many times he says "You talk about (add verb here)" in a game

Maas is a moron.

finally everyone is laying off my man Jimoh.... I've liked this guy for a while now.... all everyone talked about was how he got torched...they never noticed the raw talent and how well he plays sometimes...he defended that pass well..that was just a perfect throw.... he will be a great nickel corner for us some day...

You make it sound like it was a solitary event. Jimoh has been burned several times. Thats the only consistent thing about him.

However, Williams obviously feels that the kid has some redeeming qualities. He has all the physical tools but lacks a grasp of the mental aspects of the game. Williams probably feels that he can develop him over time. Could it happen? Perhaps, but I'm not confident.

I'm Pretty anti-ADE Jimoh, but that was not his fault. A GREAT pass always beats GOOD coverage. BTW, is he still looking for his first NFL Interception? Just curious, cause I would love to see him get it and bring the ball to the sideline and keep the game ball.

Originally posted by denverdan

Agreed, I've been wondering since day one why everyone is all over Jimoh.

I agree with everything you said with the exception of the SNF crew. I love Theismann because he pisses everyone who is not a skins fan off, but Paul Maguire is most annoying anouncer out there. Count how many times he says "You talk about (add verb here)" in a game

Maas is a moron.

yes Mguire is annoying and he does use that line at least 20 times a game while over hyping mediocore plays.

But I love Mike Patrick's play by play and Theismann is great, him argueing with Mguire cancels him out most of the time.

Originally posted by galentjm

You make it sound like it was a solitary event. Jimoh has been burned several times. Thats the only consistent thing about him.

However, Williams obviously feels that the kid has some redeeming qualities. He has all the physical tools but lacks a grasp of the mental aspects of the game. Williams probably feels that he can develop him over time. Could it happen? Perhaps, but I'm not confident.

Yes but look at when he's been burnt.

Its happened 3 times in his 2 year career so far, and he is an UDFA so just getting on the field for it to happen is an accomplishment.

The first time he got beat on the double move, well who would have thought, a UDFA in his first game falls for a double move, thats not really that bad, I mean its bound to happen when you have a guy in that situation, the speed he was seeing at the time was unlike anything he'd ever seen before.

The second he was victim of a perfect pass by Tom Brady along with a little bit of a pushoff by I believe David Patten. That was a joke, he had him covered and would have probably picked it off, but Patten pushed him a little so he stumbled.

And the third time was yesterday with no safety help against Toomer, and the coverage was there, the pass was just perfect.

Everyone notices when he gets torched but people fail to give him credit when he does well. Everyone forgets that when Champ got torched by Marty Booker last year and got hurt, Jimoh came in and shut Booker down the rest of the game.

He's in a lot more than people realize.

CB's get burnt, especially when they are in man coverage with no safety help, especially when they are UDFA's just getting their first PT. But its easy to see that the kid has talent and great work ethic. His ability on special teams shows his quickness and strength, plus you could pick him out at training camp and if non of the players had #'s on you would think he was the top CB just from watching drills and stuff.

He may have some trouble playing the ball in the air but Smoot had that problem for one year and now he's over it and is probably one of the best at it. Hell, Champ Bailey, who's supposed to be the best CB in the game cant play the ball in the air to save his life. We dont know if Jimoh even has that problem though, b/c he's been the victim of perfect throws that its almost impossible to make a play on. Except for that Shawn Springs play yesterday which was just ridiculous.

Look, i'm not saying he's a pro bowl CB. I'm just saying he's got talent, and if we had more players that over achieved as he has by even making this team then maybe we'd have more wins.

Give the guy a break.

Trust me, I know how to pick out the UDFA's that mean something. My favorite player was Iffy, before he even set foot on the field on defense, just from watching him on special teams I could tell he had talent. I had an Iffy jersey that I got back when he was a gunner on special teams and wasnt even the one everyone paid attention to, everyone paid attention to Serwanga back then. And then look what happened with Iffy, he came in and did a pretty damn good job, and now he's doing a pretty damn good job with the Cards.

So just trust me on this one, Jimoh has skills. If he didnt Greg Williams wouldnt have allowed him to cover Toomer with no safety help. Even if it is late in the game and we have a huge lead, he wouldnt put him in that situation if he didnt think he could handle it.

yes Mguire is annoying and he does use that line at least 20 times a game while over hyping mediocore plays.

But I love Mike Patrick's play by play and Theismann is great, him argueing with Mguire cancels him out most of the time.

Yes Patricks good, but I did like summerall in there at the beginning of the year, I sure hope hes still up for it and lands somewhere next year.

I love when Theismann calls mguire out when he is obviously wrong. Even though I hated Boomer Esiason, I kinda miss him and Dierdorf and their hatred for one another.

Archived