Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Comments from the game.

Walking Deadman

I was at the game tonight and here's some observations:

1. Got into the stadium at 2:15 with my wife. Only 1 Redskin out warming up at the time. It looked like CP. He was on the field with Snyder (they talked a little) and looked to be really having fun getting ready. EDIT: It may have been Mccants- based on some pictures posted on the Redskins website. Not 100% sure.

2. The Skins- they were fired up, they acted (prior to start of the game) like at team that was 8-3 not 3-8. They looked hungry and upbeat. The fans cheered when the players came out (especially Ramsey coming out w/ Brunell and Hasslebeck)

3. Marcus Washington-- stayed out by the entrance of the locker room to give "bumps" and high fives to the rest of team after pre-game warm-ups. He appears to me that he's a big leader for the D.

4. The fans- There were a large amount of G-Men fans at the game (2 G-Men fans sat next to me). And the overall turnout was small (alot of empty seats at this game--- as a matter of fact a Giants fan said he tried to give away his tickets and noone wanted them?). But where I'd normally be complaining about our fans---BUT those who were there were pumped up. THE 12th man showed up today. We got loud. 1 Timeout and 1 false start was b/c of the fans. As for the Giants fans-- classy group no problems here. The kicker was that some dumb@$$ in a Eagles jersey started talking crap to skins fans outside the stadium and both Giants and Redskins fans stood together and trashed the guy.

5. Taylor and Portis appeared to be the only guys with the burgundy socks-- could be wrong though.

6. I hate the Bay bridge!!!!!! The bridge held me up another hour after the game. I didn't get home until 11PM.

The players looked great and I hope that this is the game that turns this franchise around.

Thanks for the report for Fed Ex goskins. Too bad about the empty seats though. You better bet that if I was back in the D.C. Area I would be trying to make as many games as I can.

Glad you got to see the best performance (to this point) of the team. :point2sky

Thanks fuji,

Yeah, I was suprised about the empty seats as well-- but those who showed up got LOUD!!!!! Possibly the loudest of all the games I've seen at FedEx over the past 3 years (about 10 games).

Also, to everyone--- keep your eyes peeled to these threads.

I have an early Christmas present for 1 lucky extremer that I will be offering within the next 2 days.

Oh yeah,

I forgot to mention two other things.

1. The fans started the Wave again-- didn't last as long as the Bucs game. I do think (despite it's loudness) it motivated the offense to score he last TD.

2. My wife then me noticed this, the cheerleaders were out of sync tonight. 1-2 weren't doing their moves correctly (out of synch- with the rest of the squad).

The Funky 4 were more Funky than usual- but I think winning makes everything a little better.:)

Originally posted by fuji869

Thanks for the report for Fed Ex goskins. Too bad about the empty seats though. You better bet that if I was back in the D.C. Area I would be trying to make as many games as I can.

Glad you got to see the best performance (to this point) of the team. :point2sky

I think that most of us would be there if we lived closer.

Thanks for the report. Winning makes us all "funkier"!!

;)

Blondie

Originally posted by goskins

6. I hate the Bay bridge!!!!!! The bridge held me up another hour after the game. I didn't get home until 11PM.

welcome to my world. i wish i could teleport across the bay bridge, that would be so awesome.

nice post, my favorite part was about the lame eagles fan that had nothing better to do with his time, good to see the skins and giants fan held strong :D

1. Got into the stadium at 2:15 with my wife. Only 1 Redskin out warming up at the time. It looked like CP. He was on the field with Snyder (they talked a little) and looked to be really having fun getting ready. EDIT: It may have been Mccants- based on some pictures posted on the Redskins website. Not 100% sure.

Here's how you can tell... Daniel Snyder is about 3 inches taller then Portis.. McCants is about a full foot taller then Daniel Snyder ;p

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Guest Xtrmskn04

A couple of things.

First the wave stopped because of all the action on offense. People had to stop to say with the announcer "first down washington". This didn't happen as much in the other game.

Second, we had two giant fans ejected from our section.

And finally, the thing I say which saw was that for most of the game they were getting to the line with about 18 seconds to go. They were getting out of the huddle much more quickly. Except for the one drive in the second half after the return for a TD when they used 2 time outs, the rest of the game they were getting up to the line very quickly. Gibbs and Co must have been in a groove calling the game. Nice to see finally.

Originally posted by dks1240

welcome to my world. i wish i could teleport across the bay bridge, that would be so awesome.

nice post, my favorite part was about the lame eagles fan that had nothing better to do with his time, good to see the skins and giants fan held strong :D

I totally agree dks (about the Bay bridge),

I had to commute to Baltimore every day for 8 months while finishing up my grad. degree.

Good luck with the track team

- Go SU (I'm a SSU/SU alum.)

Archived