Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quick take.

Art

Well, haven't had a chance to write my thoughts or read yours, so, if I'm repeating, I'm sorry. I'm disappointed we didn't get a sure starter in either the first or second rounds. The third round, if we get Johnson/Brown and Metcalf or something, it may be a pretty sweet day still, but, we certainly won't leave today with a guy we know is going to start. That's disappointing.

However, the Ramsey move did make sense. He is probably about the best fit in this offense you could find this year at QB other than Carr. I'm not going to get upset because I'd have preferred a starter to what we ended up getting. Weaver would have been nice in the second round, and passing him up is a bitter pill to swallow. Betts seems to be a pretty good prospect and certainly it's hard to say we have any depth behind Davis, so Betts essentially is a good pick due to the fact that after Davis we presently have no one.

But, he's not the "right" pick in my view. We did need a younger runner to use for depth and potentially to replace Davis if things go sour. But, we probably could have did a little differently here. In all, I'm not pleased, but, I'm not crushed. The third will be a big round for us because we can still end up with a good picks.

I think the drafting of Ramsey is ominous for Sage. Spurrier is defending Weurful like his homeland and has praised Sage quite a bit ...so why the need to go for Ramsey?

Not saying it's a terrible pick, just that Spurrier may be less-than-forthcoming about his real views of the QB situation.

Not really, because a rookie by default is granted the pine the first year. Now come year 2 there should be more results than the ones laid down by Sage. If not, then it's maybe a point of saying oh well, he's developmental project material after all. I think he is for REAL.

Archived